weekly wrap up + colorado wedding

It’s been a busy and exciting week here at D*S, and the best has most definitely been saved for last because tomorrow, Kate Pruitt flies into town! She’s joining Amy and I in the office for two weeks while we work on tons of DIY projects for the site, as well as some other fun D*S-related side-projects. I’m running out to pick up some things to make her temporary home more comfortable, but I wanted to wrap up this week with something fitting for the happy mood in the office: a beautiful weekend wedding designed and styled by Jolene Sullivan and photographed by Tec Petaja. From the flowers on the tables to the hand-drawn maps and incredible setting (Dunton Hot Springs), this weekend looks just perfect. If this doesn’t make you long for a summer spent in the mountains, I don’t know what will.

I wanted to send an extra thanks to all of you for supporting our new projects this week — the radio show and Pinterest page. We’re so excited about both and happy to have all of your feedback. xo, grace

Event Details
Venue: DUNTON HOT SPRINGS in Colorado
Photography by TEC PETAJA
Event Planning, Design + Styling by JOLENE SULLIVAN
Fine China Rentals by Les Tableaux
(The fine china included: DAVID STARK for WEST ELM “Wood Slices” china + HERMAR brushed-gold flatware + ROOST “Birch” glassware)
Gold Zig-Zag Tray + Paper Bowls + Vases by Chicago ceramicist UP IN THE AIR SOMEWHERE
Calligraphy by NEITHER SNOW

Below is a summary of this week’s highlights:

See more Colorado wedding photos after the jump!

1. rebecca says:

Everything about this wedding is just lovely…the outdoor ceremony surrounded by trees, the yellow and navy colour scheme with hints of nature…ooh and the nameplace cards tucked in the forks! so simple x

2. Love the ambiance! It seems so much more romantic to hav a wedding in such a simle environment!

3. Melissa says:

Everything feels so warm, cozy, and intimate!

4. Amanda says:

Love it! …especially all the details. Colorado weddings are beautiful, thanks for showcasing my state! ;-)

5. Ashley Elrod says:

So pretty. I feel like they made it have personality, which was the most important thing for our wedding

6. Justin says:

Incredible photography work. Gorgeous wedding!

7. Roxanne says:

Colorado itself does a good job of making special moments beautiful, but their touches are oh so gorgeous and *just right* Thanks for sharing!

8. Quite simply gorgeous ! Love the setting, the photography, and all the beautiful details. What a fab idea to put the place cards in/on the forks. Brilliant.

9. Li says:

Everything about this wedding is perfect!

10. Sonia says:

Oooh yellow theme. C’est beautiful much!

11. Martien Dergent says:

If that isn’t breathtaking, then what is?

12. Well this is just lovely! The programs & the map – adorable!!

13. Beautiful. I love every detail. Thoughtful but not overdone.

14. Bobbie says:

Absolutely gorgeous! My son had his wedding in a very similar setting on the Rogue River in Oregon. Something about the natural setting is so peaceful and perfect! Thanks for sharing this!!!

15. kirsten says:

I left my heart in the San Juan Mountains. Nothing can touch a Colorado wedding. Love the fall theme and the feathers. So near to my hometown….

16. I love the yellow flowers, so beautiful and what a gorgeous location

17. What a lovely wedding! Thanks for sharing!

18. becca says:

Are the stripey vases diy or sourced? Would they mind sharing?
    Thank you! Have been waiting for these pics!!! (Studio Choo put up a tease after the wedding weekend!)

19. Jolene says:

Hi, Becca – the vases are from Chicago ceramicist, Up in the Air Somewhere. The gold-leaf + stripe/zig-zag pattern is such a winning combination! ;)

Thanks for all your kind comments, everyone!

20. Beautiful, love the unique hand-made style flower accents, and the starlit sky as inspiration for the seating is so romantic and sweet!

21. becca says:

JOLENE!!! Thank you! (I’m in Chicago…it was meant to be!) So so pretty! I completely agree, I’m taken by the combo! Thank you again!

22. Kitty says:

This wedding is breathtaking! The styling is absolutely exquisite and it’s all in the detail. I adore the astrology seating chart xo

23. qualm says:

Nice details. But it’s sort of odd that everyone is wearing the same color. Kind of like a navy prep school blazer reunion.

24. Christia says:

I’m enamored by every wedding I’ve see shot here. It’s my mission to be a guest there someday – looks so heavenly!

25. Anne says:

Wow, this is just a gorgeous wedding. The florals are incredible! Love the special details!