litterae

It feels like this week is all about Valentine’s Day. Our submission inbox is filled with great new cards and gift ideas, and it’s been fun to see what clever ideas artists have this year. One of my favorites is a new online shop — Litterae from Betsy Dunlap — filled with beautiful French valentines. Inspired by a stack of old French letters her friend brought back from Paris, Betsy decided to offer custom lettered valentines this year written on vintage 1920s Parisian postcards. Each valentine will be hand-lettered by Betsy, mailed in envelopes lined with marbled yellow paper and sealed with gold washi tape. Betsy even mails the valentines with vintage postage stamps. I love this as a sweet way to send someone a message without going the traditional card route or if, like me, your handwriting leaves much to be desired. Click here to check out Betsy’s new shop and order a valentine (Betsy will be taking valentine orders through February 7th). xo, grace

*Betsy will launch a stationery line at Litterae this spring. Stay tuned!

1. Holly says:

Now that’s love!
    Xo

2. Absolutely love Betsy Dunlap! I used her for my wedding calligraphy and it turned out beautifully!

3. they looks so authentic. beautiful!

4. Jenni Bailey says:

Awesome. I will be looking forward to the launch of her line!

5. Jennifer says:

Lovely! I adore Betsy Dunlap’s work as well!

6. Ken Robertson says:

Hi there,
    Loved the idea of sending a handwritten valentine.
    I composed my poem, clicked on the page and was told that this could not be shipped to UK.
    Very disappointed.

This is the day I’m supposed to send
    A pretty card to my bestest friend
    I would do this any day my dear
    My love for you it lasts all year.

7. Jen says:

Great idea! Definitely offers some inspiration for my own Valentines cards.

8. Jennifer says:

Betsy has killer handwriting! So cool!

9. Johanna says:

You reminded me of this post I saw on Kottke about the secret language of stamp-positioning on envelopes long ago: http://kottke.org/12/01/the-secret-language-of-stamps

10. hayley says:

Absolutely gorgeous! Looking forward to seeing her new line.

11. These are darling! Beautiful work!

12. Cori says:

so lovely. there is something about old letter that just make me swoon.

13. Beautiful Post! All-in-one AMAZINGNESS!

14. k. says:

Oh, these are positively darling! Can’t wait to see the stationery collection.
    xo.

15. Pete says:

The calligraphy is very unique, and what’s not to love about French Deco! Very beautiful.

16. The typography on some of these (the blue Paris one) are fantastic!