jessica decker

Giant cross-stitches have been an obsession of ours for a while now. Kate has been dreaming up projects we could do that play with scale in a bigger way, so we were thrilled to see these pieces from artist and art director Jessica Decker in Detroit. Jessica creates large-scale cross-stitches (she showcased one in a previous Before & After) on colored canvas using a variety of yarns. I love how large these pieces are and the big role that the yarn’s texture plays when you scale things up like this. Jessica does custom work and creates pre-made pieces, both of which you can check out online right here. Thanks to Jessica for sharing these with us and to photographer Cybelle Codish for sharing these photos. xo, grace

1. Very interesting. Again, I love oversized art and accessories. I wonder if she sews on material first and stretches on canvas. I’ve got to try this.

2. lyndsay says:

Ive been following this girl, love her work – esp Make It Rain!

3. Katie says:

That anchor is spectacular! These are really cool.

4. Love this!! I’m a huge fan of huge art as well. Such impact.

5. Amy DeKok says:

Love it..especially the one with the lovely red head in it!!

6. Kathryn says:

I love it! It’s so awesome! I love the anchor!!

7. Kate says:

i love it, very unique!

8. Wow! Her art is so creative! I love the bicycle.

9. Lalala Toys says:

We <3 it! Congratulations!

10. Great ideas…I love your blog! :)

11. Lauren says:

Love her work! I have a specific question about the first photo (I have been looking for the designer of that couch for ages). Could you help me determine who the manufacturer or designer of the couch?

12. Leena says:

I feel like my kindergartners would LOVE to work on a project like this. It looks really simple and fun!

13. Elizabeth says: