shape up your kitchen

I always have a surge of motivation to tackle big projects during the first couple months of the year, but I’ve lived with myself long enough to know that I must put it to use immediately, lest it go to waste. This year I’d like to put at least some of that energy toward improving my kitchen, in the hopes that it will in turn improve my cooking, eating and spending habits throughout the year. I’m excited to share some of my favorite kitchen tool & tech finds this week at MyLifeScoop. I’ve checked out everything from sustainable food storage to fun cooking apps; this roundup could be just what I need to start using my kitchen more efficiently this year. You can click here to view the full post. Enjoy! — Kate

1. Oh i adore these shelves for jar storage! Like this you can check everything quickly and jars are so beautiful to be hidden in cupboards!

2. Rachel Tatem says:

I love open storage: forces you to be organized

3. IKDO says:

I agree with Debbie. Open shelf storage is great for displaying mason jars. It looks very organized. Cuttlery caddies on rails are also something to consider. They are very versatile and can be used instead of the wire baskets from the third picture.

4. js says:

Again, page 2 is blank.

5. Katie says:

JS might be talking about the product citations.
    But I love seeing how open shelves can be incorporated into an area especially when it is done so well.

I’d love to see some of those hanging wire baskets more in small homes too.

1. Grace Bonney says:

Katie and JS

The full product sources are in the post on mylifescoop :)

6. Thank you for the inspiration! It is amazing what that little bit of space behind the cupboard doors can do to open things up!

Thanks a bunch.

7. Not only is it fun and keeps life interesting to change up our necessary accessories in the kitchen and useful items, it’s healthy! Materials get worn, nasty stuff gets caught in cracks and crevices and the new year is a great time to take a look at what needs changing besides the benefit of a great mood lifter. These are really great pieces, super functional and easy to live with.

8. Deborah says:

My dream kitchen!

9. I loved the article, specifically the inspiration for the open shelving… never really considered it for my space before, but I would be lying if I said it didn’t cross my mind as I read this! Really beautiful images!

10. kelly says:

FYI, the “Apartment Therapy” source link on “My Life Scoop” is directing to “Desire to Inspire.” I’d love to see that source if you wouldn’t mind re-sharing! Thanks!

11. Kate Pruitt says:

Thanks Kelly! I’ve sent them a note and the link should be fixed ASAP.

12. *sigh* I LOVE the idea of open shelving but I have two main issues
    1. wouldn’t anything above or immediately adjacent to the stove get a little…grimy over time.
    And 2. I live in Northern California (earth quake country). Even a moderate earthquake could mean a total mess in the kitchen.
    I’m destined to have to open (and close) cabinet doors forever :(

13. danielle says:

wow. i dream of one day having a kitchen like this! the minimalism is so appealing!

14. I love open shelving but I thank God that I have a few cupboards that I can close so I can be my messy self from time to time, :-)))

15. Thanks for sharing your favourite kitchen tool and tech finds.

16. Gracie says:

The link doesn’t seem to be working. Could you please let me know where to find that great dish rack? Thanks!