new pillows from erin flett

This is a little embarrassing to admit, but around this time every year, I start checking the times for the sunrise and sunset. (OK, I’ll be honest — I pretty much start checking right after the Winter Solstice.) When the dark days get me down, there’s something comforting about watching it get lighter for one minute every day. (By January 31, the sunset in Brooklyn will be at 5:11 pm — yay!) So it’s no surprise that I fell in love with Erin Flett’s brightly colored pillows. Erin and her husband hand screen each design onto USA woven natural cotton-bark cloth in their small Maine studio. Until the days get long enough for me to really soak up some sun, I’ll have to spring for a big, bright orange pillow. — Amy Azzarito

1. sage parker says:

what a lovely idea!
    these would so brighten up my day too:)

2. what I particularly like about the square cushions is the way the edges of the image are done… not going right to the seams, the design has more of graphic art (vs textile design) feel to it. I went on her site and noted that the same designs are also stretched onto canvas. That bunny image is my fave for sure!

3. Connie says:

I love the bright and uplifting colors! Thanks!

4. Igor says:

I love their puffiness – so cosy and perfect for bed and/or sofa!

5. They are so bright and happy! Makes long for summer. :)

6. botny says:

OBSESSED with these pillows!! They are so retro and modern at the same time and look so carefully and craftily made! We just bought our first house so once everything is all arranged and ready to go I can’t wait to pick out a few of these amazing pillows to spruce up the place!! Stunning work, Erin!

7. Great pillows! So bright & cheery. I really love the company label. I’m wondering where she has that printed…well she probably does it herself, right?

8. Loora says:

Yes, those pillows are gorgeous. I’m planning my baby girl’s room, and the pink bunny pillow is on the shopping list !

9. Wengi says:

Would look very nice on an all white bedspread.

10. These are great. Love the colours!
    Amazing printing pattern and ink – just love the way they look!

11. erin flett says:

Thank you for your comments! So excited to be on here! (I have been a stalker for years!!!) And yes, we hand screen our labels, the pillows, everything here in my studio. The hang tags are letterpressed in Portland at Dunstan Press. Thanks for looking and commenting! e

12. Amanda says:

Ha, the pillows are very nice but I mostly wanted to say: I start checking the sunrise/sunset times after the solstice, too! So nice to find someone else who does that! It totally helps…

13. casey says:

I have a great print of a shaggy pup that I bought from her at a Picnic, a local art sale/festival here in Portland. We put it up in my dog’s room (yes, she has her own room) and it is so bright and cheery! I will need to get some pillows at the next art sale! Erin, do you sell anything in any of the local shops around here?

14. The pink bunny pillow is the cutest thing I have seen all week. It’s currently raining outside, but that pillow put a smile on my face! Really beautiful work.

15. elizabeth says:

oh my! the last one is my favorite. it would look perfect on my couch.

16. erin flett says:

blance and mimi has a bunch of pillows and day trip society in kennebunkport are local shops–and the Art Museum here has them in the gift shop–and you can of course contact me directly!

Thanks Casey. e

17. I’m sold! Brilliant colors and textures! The prints are so delicious!

18. I agree! By February I am craving color & light!! Love the pillows!