lulie wallace

Good morning, guys! I’m still in a post-Alt Summit haze today so I’m trying to tempt myself back into work with some beautiful paintings. These gorgeous pieces from Lulie Wallace are right in line with my floral obsession and remind me of the sunny Southern days. Lulie is based in Charleston, South Carolina where she works from her space at Redux Contemporary Art Center. Lulie shares my love of floral compositions and has painted dozens and dozens of variations on the classic theme. My favorites are above and below, but you can check out Lulie’s site, blog and shop right here. Thanks so much to Kelci for the tip! xo, grace

More images of Lulie’s work continue after the jump…

1. Alice says:

Love Love Love these!

2. I love still life painting. I think it is a bit of a lost art!

3. sage parker says:

oh these are so inspiring!!! i need to add create something beautiful to my Monday list ;)

4. Anjelica says:

such a fan of her stuff! I had a post about her a little while back, the palettes she uses are so enchanting! http://www.mismatcherie.com/2011/11/30/retro-floral-still-life/

5. these are so beautiful. lulie, you are wonderfully talented.

6. Hannah B. says:

I fell in *love* with these paintings on Pinterest and had no idea who it was! I’ll have to buy a print. So gorgeous!

7. Jennifer says:

Wow! Thank you for making my monday with these bright colors and lovely paintings.

8. Kelci says:

AHH love that you featured her…thanks! She’s the best!

9. Liz says:

These are GORGEOUS!!! Thanks for sharing!

10. I love Lulie’s work! I featured a post about her awhile back! She is great!

11. Ashley Jeter says:

I am so thrilled to see Lulie’s work on this blog! She is an amazing artist with a heart of gold. It’s fun to see her success!

12. annemarie says:

gorgeous

13. Laura says:

Initially I wasn’t in love with these paintings, but the more I looked at them, the more I started to appreciate them. As odd as it sounds what got me looking a second time were the thumbnails. There is beauty in retelling something in your own way. Thanks for the reminder!

14. newsprout says:

I am inspired! These are amazing, so colorful and full of life. Thanks for sharing with us.

15. Leigh Ann says:

saw this post this morning and immediately made contact with Lulie; she will be painting three florals for a 1920s bathroom that we are restoring. Her palettes and compostion are enchanting and will bring a fresh lift to this tiny space. So glad I found you, Lulie, and we are very excited for the paintings :)

16. wwwWWWOOOoooooooouuuuuuu!

17. Mary says:

I’m late to the party but wandered here via Anthropologie who has some of Lulie’s paintings for sale. I LOVE THEM. Looks like she has fabric coming out soon, wooohooo!

18. ffion says: