leanne shapton

Winter has finally come to Brooklyn, so I’ve been loitering, virtually, around floral blogs. Besides images of fireplaces, the only other thing that makes me feel warm is seeing a sunny image of flowers. I’ve always had a fondness for floral paintings, but these pieces from Leanne Shapton are my absolute favorites. Her work feels rich, vibrant and fresh, just like flowers should be. I could stare at these all day. And considering my job requires me to have a laptop open at all times, I think I will. Click here to check out more of Leanne’s work online. xo, grace

More images after the jump . . .

1. Jennifer says:

I’ve never seen her work before. It is gorgeous!

2. sarah says:

These are seriously beautiful. The saturation of the colours against dark background looks lucious. I’m aching to own one, or a few.

3. Julie says:

Wow! Such bright, vibrant paintings. I adore flowers but paintings of them often look so twee. Not these. I wouldn’t tire of one of these on my wall. And yes they have warmed me up.

4. this is my cousins work! Such a nice surprise to see her getting some recognition on one of my very favourite blogs. Thanks Grace!

5. Shannon G. says:

Beautiful! The watercolors are fantastic- I love things that are packed with color. Perfect for a gray winter day. Her work with lettering is wonderful too. Cheers Grace!

6. LusterNYC says:

Leanne’s work is beautiful and I am in complete agreement, if there’s no snow to brighten my winter than some flower images are in order!

You may also like Graham Lott’s “Rose” photography series : https://www.lusternyc.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=roses

7. Rin says:

Abstract flowers are one of my favorite art subjects and Leanne’s work is such a gorgeous example of it!

What a great find, Grace!

8. Julie says:

What beautifully striking work! I feel like I can almost feel the flowers blooming as a stare. Love it!

9. Heather says:

Does she sell her prints?

10. Rebecca says:

Love it! Super-rich colors and a gorgeous loose style!

11. Rebecca says:

She is such a stunning colorist– which honestly is something very hard to come by. Add to that the fact that she also paints book covers, and I think I’ve found a new artist to follow!

12. Gorgeous! I might have to attempt to create something similar to get me through these cold months in Chicago.

13. Debra says:

This artwork is so beautiful. I just love the flowers and all of the colors so deep and vivid.

14. shoshana says:

I must echo the comment about her book, Important Artifacts. It is an incredible source of inspiration for me and I put her in a category with another heroine, Maira Kalman whose work I wait for impatiently. She is also one of the few people to whom I’ve actually sent a fan letter.

15. Vania Pinto says:

Gorgeous!.. I’d like to see them painted on fabric, scarf… fantastic!

16. OMG Amazing! Love the colors, the mood and more… They kinda of remind me also of artist Annika Connors landscapes and flowers as well http://annikaconnor.com/#nature-landscapes/34

17. -KAT- says:

beautiful… simply stunning

18. Dana Marie says:

what amazing pieces. I love the vibrant use of the colors. Do you know if she sells any of her prints? I tried looking on her website but to no luck.

19. kelci says:

if you love these you will LOVE lulie wallace http://www.luliewallace.com/