kate lewis paintings

I’m a little sleepy this morning, so I thought I’d wake myself up with some colorful paintings from artist Kate Lewis. Kate’s paintings of interiors have a loose, organic feel that reminds me of a quick sketch — in the best way possible. They feel as though she joined the homeowner for a cup of tea and happened to have a palette with her to document the moment. Each is a quick peek inside a beautiful room, focusing on small details like fabrics, flowers or lighting. You can check out all of Kate’s paintings right here; it’s fun to see some of the design trends we’ve been covering for the past few years immortalized in paintings (kilims, anyone?). xo, grace

More images after the jump . . .

1. Julia A says:

Nate Berkus, anyone? I love those paintings – and Nate’s kitchen!

2. designchic says:

I adore Kate and her beautiful paintings. Her colors are always bright and happy, and I always feel warm and cozy seeing each image…such a talent!! The kitchen with the yellow table is one of my favorites!!

3. Just love these…so fresh & happy. Have a great day!

4. I love this style of painting!

5. Beautiful… i took watercolor classes once but never mastered it…

6. Jessica says:

Love the soothing colors and soft lines!

7. Kate really knows how to work the colour yellow… these are so sunny, warm and upbeat!

8. Erin says:

So lovely… They remind me of Matisses.

9. They look so dreamy and peaceful; I would love to crawl into one of the paintings and curl up with a cup of tea. Just lovely.

10. Erika Rier says:

These paintings are so lovely, thank you so much for sharing them. Nothing like some beautiful art to brighten up a day.

11. I absolutely love how transparent the colors are.

12. kate says:

All of your lovely comments are heading immediately to my inspiration wall. :) Grace, thank you so very much for featuring my artwork! I’m elated!

13. mollie blackwood says:

I’m in LOVE with interior paintings of all kinds right now. Thanks for the inspiration (as always).

14. Dusty Coyote says:

Kate’s artwork is absolutely stunning. I love it.
    p.s. You should check out her house…it’s amazing!

15. Vanessa says:

so talented! i want one!

16. Carol says:

Love the one of books and coral from above. Inspires me to finish the watercolors I started last fall! Thanks!

17. annechovie says:

I love Kate’s work. Delicate and colorful!

18. Julia D says:

I love Katie’s work too…So serene and it makes me feel contented when I look at it…

19. Megan says:

Beautiful. I need to check her work out. Her work makes me think of Matisse’s interiors and Egon Shiele’s delicate handling.

20. Delores says:

Yes, these are beautiful, just like Kate! Fresh and crisp. Keep up the great brush strokes.