handmade books by serena olivieri

The first time I visited SCAD in Savannah I got to visit a class making books by hand. I’d never stopped to think about how much goes into handmade books and those students’ efforts were a real eye-opener. These beautiful handmade books, agendas and diaries are by artist Serena Olivieri. She just started designing and while she doesn’t have a web shop yet, I thought her work was too beautiful to resist posting. Based in Madrid, Serena works with clients and friends to create custom paper designs that relate to their personal styles or occupations. I’m partial to the pieces with cut or shaped edges, but there are several pieces to look at so I definitely recommend clicking over to her Tumblr site to see what she’s up to. Thanks to Serena for sending this over! xo, grace

*To place an order with Serena just email her here

More images of Serena’s work continue after the jump…

1. elena says:

Maravilloso! I love it, i´m going to check her tumblr, thanks for always sharing amazing works, love Design Sponge ♥

2. Jen says:

The cut paper designs are so delicate and beautiful!

3. sarah hemm says:

These are just beautiful. Her tumblr is awesome. Great inspiration.

4. This is beautiful! The pop up flower journal is gorgeous -so much talent!! Inspiring!

5. stefa says:

just f a n t a s t i c!

6. Natsumi says:

This is beautiful! I love the green flower cut-out the best!

7. l-article says:

They’re beautiful!! I love the flower pop ups!! The colors are so vivid~

8. Samantha says:

I went to SCAD! Love the work by Working Class Studio! Miss Scad.. Love this idea though~

9. claudete takahashi says:

I would love to learn the technique, a pity I’m so far away. Any chance for on line lessons? They are just gorgeous! !!!! Claudete Takahashi

10. Rug says:

Great write up, I love the modern and bright colours, first class!

11. Ann says:

There are so many colurs, all beautiful!

12. Vera Medea says:

Adorei. Que trabalho maravilhoso!!!!! Parabéns

13. Françoise Teclemariam says:

Magnifique ! Quel beau travail et quel goût ! Donne t-on des cours ?

14. Françoise Teclemariam says:

magnifique ! donne-t-on des cours !

15. Marco Olivieri says:

She’s my sister!!!

16. Claudia says:

Belllllissimi! I bought two types and i can say Serena is highly talented and the book are so beautiful and original …….love them