nancy straughan textiles

In addition to woodworking, I have a sincere fondness for textiles that utilize the texture of linen. Linen is easily my favorite fabric for just about any purpose, and these beautiful new designs from Nancy Straughan show why. I love how printed inks look on linen; they have that soft, slightly distressed look that makes them feel instantly worn in. In addition to geometric, watercolor and floral-inspired textiles, Nancy designs beautiful wallpaper that has the same gently loved feel of her fabrics. Based in the north of England, Nancy recently launched her site, shop and blog and is about to debut her line for sale. I can’t wait to see what she does next — this collection shows so much promise, and I’m excited to see it in person. Thanks to Nancy for sending her work over! xo, grace

*Bonus points to Nancy for featuring cat paws in her product shots.

More images of Nancy’s work continue after the jump . . .

1. Igor says:

I love the graphic patterns with the earthy colour palette. Very nice!

2. Graylin says:

Holy mackerel! Gorgeous!!!!

@graylinsample
    yepindeed.wordpress.com

3. heather says:

Really beautiful… contemporary look with a well-worn vintage effect.

4. I am having buyers remorse. I bought fabric from Mood in NYC last week for my first reupholstery project (not exactly a peaceful experience), but now I am seriously wishing I was using this fabric and buying from her shop. Guess I have to do several projects!!

5. Thank you so much everyone, I am truly appreciating all these lovely comments! Kim, my fabrics will always be available for you to use in more projects, not to worry!

6. Katie says:

The wavy stripe is absolutely beautiful! I can think of so many ways to use it, that it’s blowing my mind a little.

7. Her work is brilliant! I plan to buy some of these gorgeous textiles very soon! I love them!

8. julia says:

love these, especially the neutrals and 1 color fabrics. thanks for sharing!

9. Katie says:

Wow. I am having a little moment. These are fantastic and truly inspiring!

10. Darlene says:

These prints are amazing!

11. michelle w says:

yummmm!!!!

12. The prints are spectacular….the photography out of this world! Love, love, love!

13. Ivonne says: