heath ceramics + alabama chanin

When Heath Ceramics introduces something new, chances are, I’ll love it. And when they started doing more collaborations with some of my favorite contemporary artists, the chances got better. I love that Heath chooses artists who embrace handmade work from such an interesting perspective, and their recent collaboration with Natalie Chanin of Alabama Chanin is a new favorite.

Heath and Natalie teamed up to create a beautiful collection of dinnerware and curated place settings that translate Natalie’s unique, gently loved style into timeless pieces that maintain a modern feel. The team at Heath use inscribing tools to hand-etch each design into the pieces between layers of glaze. I love the worn-in feel and think these would remain a family favorite for years to come, which is exactly the sort of classic style I expect from Heath. Click here to check out and shop the new collection online. I think I see a few of these pieces in my cabinet’s future . . . xo, grace

Images: All photography by Angie Mosier.

More images of the collection continue after the jump . . .

1. Janice M Zumbach says:

The dishesand linens are beautiful.

2. Rachel Tatem says:

That must be time consuming to put all the small designs onto the plates!

3. Carrie S. says:

I’ve been a fan of Chanin since the days when she first started Project Alabama back in 2000, so this is very, very welcome news! Beautiful, as usual. :)

4. Jennifer says:

These are so intricate and gorgeous!

5. liz b. says:

simply beautiful.

6. These are beautiful. I love Heath’s things and these are just so delicate and crafted.
    Lovely!

7. Katie says:

Yeah, I’ve been looking at this new collection with longing for a few weeks now. The etched patterns add such dimension to the pieces. If only I could legitimately include “Dinnerware” as a heading to my budget…

8. SParke says:

The dishes are lovely as are the linens. Does anyone happen to recognize the flatware? I have been in search of something just like it.

9. Sabrina says:

I’d love to know about the flatware, too. It looks delicate, a nice contrast to the chunky, oversized pieces that seem to be everywhere.

10. Stephany - Heath Ceramics says:

Hi Sparke. Answering on behalf of Heath Ceramics… the flatware is Pride from David Mellor Design.

11. Sarah says:

I love the simplicity and elegance and especially love that they are handcrafted! Big Fan!

12. Sabrina says:

Thanks!

13. Kate says:

Laura ingles shops off the prairie. Will be adding to my collection for sure.

14. Jonathan says:

Beautiful collaboration and beautiful work.
    The flatware is the Pride collection from David Mellor, avaibale from Heath Ceramics and Didriks. It is a great collection available in 18/10 stailess or silver plated, knives are also availble in black or white handles.

15. Heath + Alabama Chanin ! ! ! What an inspired & gorgeous collaboration of two of my favorites! I’m agog.