farrah sit ceramics

It seems there’s been an abundance of cool sculptural ceramic designs lately. Does anyone else feel this way? I already purchased an air plant hanger from Mudpuppy and a bunch of secondhand ceramics from local thrift stores. I know I should slow the influx of things into my home, but these hanging ceramic pods by Farrah Sit are just so cool. If I had the money and the space, that cluster of organic pod lamps would be mine. I find myself mesmerized by their smooth and creamy surfaces, and I love that she’s chosen natural materials like leather, wood and rope for textural contrast. You can see the entire collection here, just in time to add them to your gift list — giving or receiving :) — Kate

1. sage parker says:

ooohhh i love them. they make me want to see how they would feel in my hand. i think i might need to sage plant holder for my home:)

2. These are so lovely. I love the clean sophistication.

3. These are so beautiful and look like they would be soft to the touch. I love the mix of ceramic and another natural material like wood, or leather.

4. blythe says:

I’ve had these on my wish list for a little while now — I think they are so beautiful. something about the leather with the crisp white. divine.

5. M. says:

These are gorgeous, and seem related to some of the scupltural lamps and windchimes the McCarty’s in the Mississippi Delta have been doing since the 1950s. See http://www.mccartyspottery.com/

It would be wonderful to see McCarty’s featured on D*S! Their place and garden would be worth a sneak peek, their pottery is gorgeous, and the couple has such a great story.

6. So simple and beautiful. I am kind of obsessed with hanging ceramics right now and the planter is awesome!

7. Samantha says:

So incredibly lovely! I’m always looking for ways to add brightness to the wood walls in our home and these are perfect.

8. Jennifer says:

Oh how I like these! The simplicity is excellent, but they also add such a nice pop of something (not color : ) but something nice.

9. brittany says:

Such a simple, organic design. It reminds me of a shell I would find on a beach.

10. vickie says:

This design sponge articale has got to be the best yet, I enjoy your site, you have given me so many ideas, thank you so much, Vickie

11. Shirley Hlavaty says:

How do I order the ceramic planters