boys’ fort: a pop-up shop in portland

Last Friday through Monday were such a blur with the Portland Bazaar that I didn’t have any time to drive around town and visit other shops. One in particular I’m bummed I missed was the awesome-looking “Boys’ Fort” pop-up shop. Created by the men of Kenton Collective, the shop was designed with a “manthropology” theme in mind, focusing on local and handmade goods like plants, vintage items and artwork. I love having great places to pick up unique gifts like this, so if you’re lucky enough to be in the Portland area, be sure to check this one out before it closes. Though it’s designed with men in mind, I see a few pieces I wouldn’t mind having myself. Click here for more info and directions. Thanks to Kelty Luber for the tip and gorgeous pictures. xo, grace

More images from the shop after the jump . . .

1. amanda says:

Very cool man items

2. Really cool stuff. I love that they created such a strong brand identity even in a temporary space.

3. chrisiec says:

Most inspiring retail venture I’ve seen in awhile!! Hope they keep ‘popping’ and pop elsewhere!! Love the manthropology description.

4. Erik says:

This is an amazing installation!!!

5. Tricia Rose says:

Love this – men are under-represented!

6. Katie says:

This is great! I love seeing such interesting items grouped so well together – and teh rustic aesthetic to what is there reminds me of heading up north to the cabin. The “manthropology” description is great. I wish I were in the area: could have found such great things for my brother!

7. Casey says:

aww I wish this would pop up in the other Portland(Maine)!

8. Tami Traeden says:

I was just saying to my husband that he did not have a store that was meant for him just for gifts. I have a ton of them for me. Right then we walked by BoysFort and I was in heaven! I have been talking about it ever since. I am so glad it is getting such attention. I really want it to stay and will be going back today to pick up more things!

9. thanks for the nice post!
    Boys’ Fort was a pleasure to produce for Portland for the holidays!
    yours for building better forts!
    Jake and Rolfe of Boys’Fort

10. fancy says:

LOVE this idea… so many pop up shops these days, this one is out of the box and further proof that vintage LOVE has no boundaries!!

11. eva says:

whoa, nice shop! I know a few fine men who would love this

12. Andrea says:

If only this shop had popped up in New Zealand – I could have stocked up on several years worth of presents for my dad.

13. Do you here that Rolfe, New Zealand?? Let’s start the second pop up of Boys Fort there! I have been one of the lucky artists to be a part of Boys Fort and have loved every minute of it! The best place ever! Just open too short of time though

14. Boys Fort has moved to another spot in the NW Kenton area of Portland.
    2030 N. Willlis Boulevard