2011 gift guides: $50 and under

I’ve finally started to make my Christmas list and begin shopping for friends and family. I far prefer figuring out gifts for other people, so sometimes making these gift guides is fun because I like to imagine who I’d buy what for out of each one. This guide was one of my favorites because there seemed to be a wealth of great gifts in the $50 and under range this year. From beautiful coasters and cheese boards to bookends, leathergoods and planters, there’s something here for everyone on your list. I hope you’ll enjoy the ideas! If you need more ideas, click here to check out all of our gift guides so far (including ideas $25 and under). xo, grace

Image above, clockwise from top left: Moss terrarium bottle $38, iPhone alarm clock $39.50, Petite cologne in Orange Sanguine (my favorite) $50, Butterfly Puddler (attracts butterflies) $40, Large ash cutting board $32, Brooklyn Slate cheeseboard $40, Rope bottle openers $28 each (has an interior cork screw), Distressed silver leather pouch $30, Pipe candle holder $35

Image above, clockwise from top left: Perforated roll of cotton placemats and napkins (love these!) $28, Gemstone magnets $36 for 8, Chrome stick lighter $40, Aquarius keyfob $48 (all signs available), Vihkiruusu apron $43, Bitossi Rimini Blu Miniatures $42-$48 each, Jet Set coaster $48 for set of 4, Agate bookends $40, Celestial Coasters $32 for 4

The full 40+ gift guide continues after the jump…

Image above, clockwise from top left: Vihkiruusu tea towels 2 for $29, Mini plant pots (wall hanging) $26 each, Cashmere rope necklace $40, Owl salt and pepper shakers $48, Leather makeup cases $35 each, Tea for two teacup set $45.99, Chop saw cutting board $37, Brass bottle opener $48.75, Woodgrain iPhone 4 case $40

Image above, clockwise from top left: Horse bookends $39, Perpetual Calendar $29, Bottle opener $28, Fox coasters 4 for $32 by linea carta

Image above: Dip Dye Throw $39

Image above: Dr. Hunter’s Handcare Kit $35 (for the bloggers in your life)

1. Sarah Moses says:

The Butterfly Attractor??? Oh man. Brilliance. I wonder if I can’t score one for Christmas, since they’re back ordered and limited supply, maybe it would be a good birthday present! Haha. Great round up!!!

2. Holly Rose says:

Thanks for doing my shopping for me! I’m pretty sure I’ve found at least three gifts from this gift guide! All fitting in my ‘Indie Christmas’ restrictions! xx

3. anna says:

I love Atelier Cologne! They now have a store on Elizabeth Street in NoLita NYC.

4. Corrie Anne says:

I seriously love gift guides. Loads of great inspiration here!!!

5. amanda says:

great ideas – I am so behind on my lists

6. Decor Savvy says:

Love these. I saw a few at the ‘One of a Kind
    Show’ in Toronto this past weekend and posted as well. decorsavvy.blogspot.com….Thanks!

7. lindsay says:

sadly the west elm website says the dip-dye throw is no longer available?

8. Tiffany says:

I’ll take one of each, please. Each year I always make it a point to check out your gift guides. I’m bound to get an idea for the difficult to buy on my list. Thanks for sharing!

9. Thanks so much my Christmass shopping will be way easier !!! love the Moss terrarium bottle:)

10. caroline says:

thanks for sharing this list. that last hand creme set looks like a perfect gift to give to my momma!

11. I love the cheeseboard. That would look great with delicious cheeses and chutneys on as a centrepiece.

Great guide!

12. Angela says:

Great gift guides!

13. Nancy M. says:

I love this guide, but everything I liked in this post is out of stock! Darn!

1. Grace Bonney says:

sorry nancy :( things sell quickly this time of year so i try to make the guides right after i source and lay them out. sadly they tend to sell out, often the smaller shops sell out because of d*s readers going there. great for the shops, not so great if you find the guide a day later, i’m so sorry :(

g