papel picado wedding invitations

Last night at our Denver book party, we got to meet April and Jeremy, the adorable couple behind what is easily my favorite wedding post ever (their San Francisco elopement video). Since their love story has inspired me for over a year now, it seemed fitting to kick off today with beautiful wedding invitations designed by Avis Wampler of Avie Designs. These sweet laser-cut invitations were inspired by Avis’ own wedding announcements and are now available to customize for your own special day. I adore the plum-colored palette and would love to see them used for holiday parties. Click here to check out these new designs and order your own. xo, grace

1. Elizabeth says:

I’m dying! These are so gorgeous!

2. homestilo says:

Precioso! What a way to turn an invitation into a beautiful keepsake!

3. Kristan says:

Well shoot. Now I want invites, but I don’t even want a wedding! Hmm… These would make pretty good announcements too, though.

4. these leave me a little speechless. WOW.

5. Mimi says:

These are beautiful. My mind is clicking about all the potential other uses.

6. Great site. Very helpful :)

7. Katie says:

Purple and orange!! Love!
    Those were our wedding colors! It’s such an offbeat color combo, I LOVE it!

Anyway, these are so beautiful. I agree with Kristan and Mimi on finding other uses just so we could use them!

8. Gorgeous!

Grace – can you tell us how designers can get in touch with companies that do laser-cutting like this? It seems this method has increased in visibility recently, suggesting it might be more accessible that it previously was.

1. Grace Bonney says:

It really depends on your location- but there are a number of services you can google that will let you email a high res file and then will send you the finished products.

9. Deeyn says:

These invitations are amazing!!! What a unique idea for invitations. Not to take away from these lovely invitations but this reminded me of one of my favorite artist Rob Ryan because his artwork is made of hand cut paper and always based around a sweet message

10. Blooie says:

These are outstanding! Its incredible what printers can do now.

11. Cat says:

If only I was getting married …..sigh simply devine

12. anh says:

amazing! these are so pretty!

13. Louise says:

They are absolutely georgous, I must show these invitations to the brides that I look after!