make it yours: lula aldunate

Lula Aldunate, who now lives in New York City, grew up in Buenos Aires, where she worked in many fields, from magazine styling to interior design. Lula decorated this amazing Buenos Aires studio with her sister and brother-in-law. The combination of antique furniture with found objects and worldly décor is quite beautiful. It’s easy to see that Lula is all about color: In the main area, the blend of rustic orange, mustard and teal create a stunning fall palette. The patchwork wall was made with paper — what a creative way to add color, pattern and texture to a room. The rest of the original Sneak Peek is equally inspiring (I need that foosball table!), so be sure to check it out here. — Lauren

Palette 1 (Living Room)
A. Putting Green (Valspar), PMS 368; B. Anthracite (Pratt & Lambert), PMS 440; C. High Noon Sun (Pratt & Lambert), PMS 7406; D. Orange Berry (Pratt & Lambert), PMS 167; E. Empress Teal (Behr), PMS 313

Roundup 1 (Living Room)
1. Christina Porcelain Table Lamp, $585; 2. Melon Ninnay Suzani, prices vary; 3. Chalkboard, $62; 4. Vintage Oushak Rug, $1195; 5. Ava Tufted Sleeper Sofa, $699; 6. Painted Folkloric Hutch, $2532

Palette 2 (Patchwork Wall)
A. Paradise Green (Pratt & Lambert), PMS 583; B. Fresh Nasturtium (Pratt & Lambert), PMS 144; C. Hint of Cherry (Valspar), PMS 1915; D. Berries Galore (Valspar), PMS 2583; E. Blue Burst (Valspar), PMS 2995

The second roundup continues after the jump . . .

Roundup 2 (Patchwork Wall)
1. Modern Coffee Table with Storage, $699; 2. Snow & Graham Prints, $3; 3. Polka Dot Printed Rug, $19; 4. Seascape Lighting Table Lamp, $258

1. I love the color pallete – it has a beautiful international feel that I would love to bring into a home.
    Much love,
    B

2. Hilary says:

I love that studio! I have dreams about velvet couches like that and what beautiful colors on that hutch. I think I’m drooling…

3. I just love these palettes! Something a little different…and so fun ;)

4. Oh goodness, Lula’s place is all sorts of gorgeous! And I love the round up choices. Anyone have experience with Urban Outfitter furniture? I love that tufted sleeper but I’m a bit wary of the quality…

5. Shannon says:

I love these rooms. The first one reminds me of Mandy Moore’s apartment in “Because I Said So,” and the hilarious scene where she and Diane Keaton rearrange all of the furniture just to end up where they started.

6. Katie says:

I love the first round up: it seems like such a fresh take on traditional styling. The second is just so much fun! I love the quilted wall.

7. rebecca says:

I love that patchwork wall so bright and colourful!x

8. Love all the gorgeous colours and patterns :) Happy!!

9. Bonnie says:

I’ve loved that patchwork wall since the first time I saw it. It would be lovely to do with fabric (well, I have so much of it)… Thank you for reminding me of this beautiful studio!

10. lula says:

thank you all!! it is so nice to read such lovely comments about my work and a space that I loved so much!! (thanks DS team for featuring it again!!! =)!!!!)
    love!

11. Love the colors. The long length of fabrics on the wall really warms up the loft like space.

12. Chechupezz says:

Lula! I love your taste! it’s so creative and vintage. I have some of your cushion covers at home and they just look amazing!

13. Corrine says:

Love the beautiful colors!

14. Dana says:

Amazing!!! I was thinking for a few months now how am I going to decor my living room, which is very similar to the materials and colors in your studio, and it is inspiring!!!
    Tanks so much

15. Love the pattern wall!!

16. Rummage says:

great colors here :)

17. ForNow says:

I have the green couch! Love it! It adds a special touch to the room.
    The top photo is pretty much the exact color palette of our home except we added grey in there. Lovely.

18. Charlene says: