d*s book tour: philadelphia (part 2) event details!

The Design*Sponge at Home book tour is coming to a close, and I am so excited to announce our final US event!** We started with Philadelphia on our first leg of the tour, and we’re bringing it back home for one final event at a very special place: the Anthropologie Home Office. If you’ve ever read or heard about this space, you know how amazing it is. It is the headquarters of the whole URBN brand, and it’s a spectacular space to throw one last blowout event and DIY celebration.

For this event, we’ll do a special DIY project that’s different from those done at the other book tour events. We’ll be teaching people how to make their own gorgeous holiday wreaths using all sorts of local flora and odds and ends that we’re collecting from our favorite shops. Each attendee will go home with a stunning wreath to use in their own home or give away as a gift (we’ll provide a range of pretty ribbons for hanging the wreaths or tying gift bows). After the craft class, I’ll be signing copies of Design*Sponge at Home (which you could use for another nice gift), and we’ll have drinks and treats to celebrate the end of the book tour. We’ll also have a gorgeous backdrop designed by our own Halligan Norris, against which you can take photos of your friends.

Since this is our final East Coast event, we’re opening it up to not just 30, but 75 people! So if you’re interested in joining us, please sign up below. (There will not be a general admission after the craft; this is one big craft class event). Last time, the tickets sold out quickly, so please order now if you’d like to reserve a spot. The details are below. We hope to see you there to celebrate the end of our tour! xo, grace

Event: Design*Sponge Holiday Craft Event + Book Signing/Celebration
Date: Thursday, December 1st
Time: 6–8pm
Location: Anthropologie Home Office/The Navy Yard/Building 543/Philadelphia, PA
Details: We will be making holiday wreaths to take home as gifts (materials, tools and ribbon will be provided), and there will also be books for sale and to be signed (these are the special Anthropologie edition books with 16 extra pages of content).
Charity: We’ll be collecting art supplies for Fresh Artists. Please bring a new art supply (pens, markers, crayons) with you to donate to this fantastic local arts charity.

RSVP: There are only 75 spots available. Tickets are $40 each and include all your supplies, drinks and food. Please reserve your spot here if you’d like to attend; we expect the spots to close quickly.

**We have sadly had to postpone our Toronto event until early 2012 due to scheduling conflicts. I will update with more information on the new event/date ASAP. I’m so sorry for the change in schedule, but we’re looking forward to getting to Toronto right after the holidays!

1. so glad I had the opportunity to meet you….in your spare time (lol), check out my blogpost about your interview with Jennifer Johnson in Nashville, TN….www.thestrawberrypatchjunk.blogspot.com! xo, christy donoho

2. Looking forward to seeing you in Toronto in the new year!

3. Joy says:

So excited you’re coming back to Philly – I missed you the first time around so I am glad I caught this one! See you there :)

4. kayte says:

so bummed we are going to miss you Grace! the whole Anthro visual team will be in Miami for Art Basel (I know, first world probs) so we can’t come to the party…

5. I should be more connected…. I’m just now hearing about this!! I realllly hope I can make it!

6. Kristina - beachmamato2 says:

Had so much fun at your Terrain Book Signing, but I never could have imagined a better setting, until this. Can’t wait to craft with you at Anthroplologie’s Headquarters. So looking forward to it.

7. 2012 will be a perfect time for a Design*Sponge visit to Toronto. Way to start the year off!

8. This sounds amazing! URBN is a gorgeous space!

9. Melissa Wongkar says:

What a bad luck. went to Sydney and did not buy Design Sponge at Home, expecting on buying it at Melbourne. Turned out no store in Melbourne have it. Auckland’s bookstores neither. Now, seeing the blog reminds me to my book hunting failure. WHY? WHY? Why can’t I have it. The suffering of somebody who doesn’t have any credit card.

1. Grace Bonney says:

melissa

it should be at several stores in melbourne- in fact i know it is because i got a sweet tweet from someone who bought it in melbourne this weekend :)

if you can email me or tweet me (@designsponge) i can connect you with the australian distrib that has a full store listing of brick and mortar shops that carry it.

grace

10. ashleyj says:

Hi Grace,
    Are you still planning to come to Toronto? I hope so! Looking forward to it :)

1. Grace Bonney says:

ashley

we’re hoping to, but i’m focusing on some personal things i’m dealing with right now so those intl events will have to wait until i’m ready to travel again, sorry :(

g

11. Imagine my delight and surprise when I came upon your AMAZING book! I work part-time in a bookstore and on Saturday found the beautiful orange book waiting patiently on the shelving cart! (I put two on the shelf and saved the third for myself :) Thank you so much for it; I’ve enjoyed every page!