creative weather iPad app

With so many apps popping up these days, it’s nice to see people injecting the field with a little creativity. Bang!Bang! Studio in Moscow collaborated with Russia’s largest IT company, Yandex, to create an illustrated weather app that uses illustrations from young artists across their country. Over 70 images of basic weather statuses (from rain and snow to sunny and mild) were created by these young illustrators and are now used as the backdrop for the app. As much as I love the fancy Apple weather app, this idea is great. I’d love to see all sorts of themed weather apps that let me view my daily weather report in a more creative way; Adrian Tomine would be perfect for this. Pretty please, Mr. Tomine? Click here to check out (it’s free to download) the app online. xo, grace

1. trexa says:

Thanks for showing this app! I really like it!

2. Lisa Belt says:

What a beautiful app! It even has a little bit of animation. I live in Portland, OR and this will make the week ahead of rain, more rain, followed by…rain, a little easier to take.

3. Kamila says:

when I see things like this I wish my old nokia could turn into a nice iphone:)

4. Karen says:

Beautiful and creative – love it. It is also great that it is from Russia – seeing the barriers really vanish and that we can all work together and benefit from each others talents around the world makes me smile! I love travel in large part because of the amazing people I meet – things like this make me feel in some way connected to artists and techies in Russia while sitting in San Fran. OK, I digress from the actual app, but thought I’d share…

5. Katie says:

This is really cool. Really, really cool. I need to download it on my iPad…and get an iPhone. It makes a rainy or sleety day look much better!

6. Creation is needed in almost all fields. I love the fancy Apple weather app, the idea is great. I’d love to see all sorts of themed weather apps that let me view my daily weather report in a more creative way.

7. Katerina says:

I loooove the illustrations! I contacted the Moscow agency to see if it’s possible to get in touch with the artists to buy posters! I hope they respond.