buy some damn art

I’m thrilled with the way the internet is changing the face of art collecting. Artists have the ability to reach a much broader audience, collaborate across vast distances, and exert more control over the sale of their work; and we as viewers and consumers can be private patrons of artists we love, and cultivate our own collections without spending a fortune. I’m thrilled to announce another step in this direction: a new site created by Kate Singleton of Art Hound called Buy Some Damn Art.

Buy Some Damn Art is essentially a rotating online art show that features a small curated collection of original art at affordable prices. Every Tuesday a new selection of six pieces by one or two artists will appear on the site. The works are priced from $200 to $500, and are original works (not reprints). I am so excited to see how the site develops, and hopefully I can add a few amazing pieces to my own small art collection. —Kate

*To celebrate the launch, Kate is offering D*S readers a chance to win $100 by signing up for the BSDA newsletter. She will be drawing two names tomorrow evening, and those winners will receive a $100 gift certificate. Click here to sign up for the newsletter and enter the contest. Good luck!!*

{Artwork from top: Rachel Sitkin, Jennifer Davis, Alan Brown, Becca Stadtlander, and Yelna Bryksenkova}

1. lakshmi says:

Such a wonderful resource for artists and art collectors ! And the art is simply beautiful !

2. Not only is this a brilliant idea and great looking website, this wins for best name for a website. Ever.

3. kate says:

thank you both for the praise! i have great admiration for the artists featured on BSDA and in fact own artwork by many of them! the name was something a friend threw out over beers, and it immediately stuck.

4. Katie says:

I agree with Laura.
    I just wonder what their criteria is for acquiring the art they are selling. The featured birch trees are gorgeous!

5. Moira says:

Awesome idea. I will be looking for dog art to share and buy.

6. Kacy says:

Oh, I love this! Just moved and desperately need some art to spruce up the new pad. Please pick me!

7. kate says:

Hi Kacy, make sure you sign up for the mailing list ( to be in the running! Good luck!

8. Gabrielle says:

Brilliant. Totally freaking brilliant.

9. Sarah says:

Amazing website. The price point is actually affordable (as opposed to some flash sale sites that claim affordability but actually aren’t!), and I love that they are originals, not prints.

10. Amie says:

I will be forwarding the website to my sister-in-law. Their walls are empty, and they only want original art on them. Great resource!!

11. Carrie says:

haha the name, I adore it.

12. Wendy says:

What a great way to buy an original piece of art rather than a print! Thanks for sharing!

13. Blythe says:

i love this! thank you for sharing. ps- the birch tree one is really beautiful

14. hila says:

I love everything about this, especially seeing Becca and Yelena’s work being featured. They are quite possibly the nicest ladies I’ve ‘met’ online.

p.s. I think there’s a missing ‘e’ in Yelena’s name :)

15. kara rane says:

so happy to have more people supporting, promoting, & collecting art…and especially by LIVING artists ..thank Y♡U to all.

16. SuzyMcQ says:

What an incredibly beautiful contemporary take on folk art. Thanks for your continuing support of artists and the art community.

17. Dana says:

This is just what I’ve been looking for! I can’t wait to see more!

18. Cally says:

Brilliant idea (and name)! Off to have a look..

19. kate says:

thanks to everyone for the positive feedback! it’s great hearing from others who are as excited about affordable originals as i am!