autumn birthday by loretta flower

If this morning’s summer colors seem a little far away in terms of seasonality, maybe this beautiful autumn birthday from Loretta Flower will be more fitting. Loretta Flower is the Austin-based floral studio of Mary Kathryn Paynter, who creates stunning floral designs that embody the sort of loose, organic feel that so many of us are loving these days. I remember when it was nearly impossible to find a florist who would embrace something seasonal and vintage-inspired, so I love seeing that more independent florists are celebrating that style (partially inspired by Constance Spry). Mary Kathryn created these arrangements for her friend’s birthday party dinner, and I love the pink and rose color theme. This would work so well for a late fall dinner for two, or just a casual get together. Simply swap the birthday cake for small meringues or cupcakes, and you’re ready to go. Click here to check out more of Mary Kathryn’s work at Loretta Flower — it’s the perfect antidote to a cold winter day. xo, grace

All photos by Julie Cope

More images of the birthday flowers after the jump . . .

1. Mary Kathryn says:

Thanks so much, Grace!

2. lexi says:

Call me northern, but peonies and ranunculus just don’t say “autumn birthday” to me.

3. The cake looks delicous and I love the colours used! So bright and cheerful.

4. Helen says:

Mod southern charm!

5. jason says:

your northern, lexi.

6. What a truly lovely setting! Thank you for sharing. -Teresat

7. I agree with Lexi, the peonies and ranunculus (and astrantia) are Spring flowers and really are not “seasonal” in November. The designs are luscious though and very inspiring!

8. I love the idea of using flowers around the silverware, so pretty!

9. Autumnal or not, so gorgeous! Like Kate, loving the use of the flowers around the silverware.

10. Carrie says:

These colors are amazing!

11. Fox and Beau says:

What a gorgeous setting! I feel like a strawberry champaign cocktail!

12. Lauren Bair says:

I love this palette — hinting at Fall, but not screaming “Harvest” like everything seems to do this time of year. What a gorgeous table for a thoughtful occasion.

13. The flowers look so delicious on the plate. I feel like wanting to bite it.

14. kendall says:

These flowers are amazing. The artist makes even the most simple setting so beautiful. LOVE the silver flatware, so classic.

15. Margaret says:

I’d like to know where these cute little tea light stands came from!

16. Carole says:

Gorgeous presentation!

17. Gabi says:

I wish I was so lucky to have a setup like that for my birthday dinner! It’s absolutely delightful.

18. Gorgeous, gorgeous colour combo! I love those place settings :)