3191 quarterly

As time moves on and technology advances, I find myself with an overwhelming desire to pull back on the reigns a bit. I love the web and all the opportunities and advancement it represents, but I also really love the simplicity and beauty of paper. I’ve thoroughly enjoyed embracing and supporting a wide range of smaller print publications, and I’m glad to have a new one to add to that list: 3191 Quarterly.

3191 began almost five years ago as “Year of Mornings” with Maria Alexandra Vettese and Stephanie Congdon Barnes. Maria and Stephanie lived on opposite coasts (Portland, ME, and Portland, OR) and decided to document the way they started their mornings and then later, their evenings. I’ve loved watching their collaboration grow, and I’m thrilled to have a new way to watch its progression. 3191 Quarterly is now offering subscriptions for the 2011/2012 season (with one full issue free) until December 11th. After that, the subscriptions will close for the year, so if you’re looking for a creative gift idea for a friend or just a nice way to treat yourself to something special in the mail, click here to check out 3191 Quarterly and order a subscription ($99). I’m especially excited for their “At Home” section, which will now appear in every issue. Congrats to MAV and Stephanie on five years of great ideas and beautiful photos. xo, grace

More images from 3191 Quarterly continue after the jump . . .

1. Emma says:

I really like this idea, a really simple concept but it’s so nice. I feel the need every now and then to buy something in print as well, it’s so easy to get everything online that buying books and magazines becomes novel… Nice to be able to keep it too :-)

2. Sharon says:

This looks like a lovely magazine, and the original concept (sharing how they spent their mornings and evenings) is so meaningful . . . (I wonder if I could put together a small book like that amongst my friends?) I particularly like the look of that (children’s?) bedroom with the map and stuffed animal — lots of nice texture.

3. Sarah Croft says:

A chalkboard, cyanotype and leaf rubbing! An inspiration board after my own heart!

4. LIKHAMARAM says:

I really like this idea, I feel the need every so easy to get everything online. I particularly like the look of that bedroom with the map and stuffed animal — lots of nice texture.

5. LIKHAMARAM says:

i like this designs very prity.

6. erin says:

I am so excited to hear that they still have this going. Stephanie and MAV had some of the very first blogs I ever read…I feel like that was so long ago!….and I remember being so excited about 3191 when it first started. What a fun adventure!