30 Tech Gifts Under $50

It’s getting rather chilly in my apartment, and that means two things: 1. My cat is about to plop himself inches away from the space heater and remain there for the better part of four months, and 2. I need to start preparing for the impending holiday season! I must admit that gift shopping has become a bit easier in the age of smart phones, tablets and apps — just get everyone on your list a cute case and call it a day!

In all seriousness, there are definitely some creative, thoughtful and budget-friendly gifts out there for the tech-lovers on your list, and I’ve started rounding them up over at MyLifeScoop. This week, I’m focusing on gifts under $50, but stay tuned for the slightly more luxurious and large-scale presents in subsequent weeks. Hopefully there will be something great for everyone on your list, minus your heat-hoarding cat :) Click here for the full post, including all the item information and prices. Enjoy! — Kate

1. nicole says:

Mighty awesome

2. Crazy about the Lithographic desk organizer (although I don’t think that the block is for lithography – looks like it would have been used on a different kind of press bed)… this is actually a really cool idea for using the multitude of great printing blocks you can find in salvage shops… never thought of drilling holes in the top of them and using them to display pens etc. I just put hooks on them and hang them on the wall. New gift idea :) merci!

3. Rachel Tatem says:

What neat gift ideas; I love the wooden Calender.

4. Ooh…I’m with Rachel. Love the wood calendar!

5. Holly says:

Quirky & Colorful isn’t showing up on the LifeScoop post! And I want that owl iphone doohickey!

1. Kate Pruitt says:

Hey Holly!

It’s there, you just have to go to the second page. If scroll to the end of page 1 you’ll see a link, but I’ve pasted it here too:

6. boxty says:

Hi Kate,

Unfortunately, Page 2 isn’t displaying anything. :(

7. Becky O. says:

Love the post! I love the Wood Laptop Desk! I hope you will feature more gift items under $50 for people on budgets. Thank you!

8. Jennifer says:

Holly! I had the same question. My page 2 isn’t displaying either. Frowny face.

1. Kate Pruitt says:

Hey Jennifer and Holly,

When you go to the link and scroll down to the bottom of the article, do you see a page 2 link? And if you click on it, it takes a second to load, but it should show you the third roundup of products. Also I tried this link several times and while it takes a few seconds to load as well, it should work: http://mylifescoop.com/featured-stories/2011/11/30-tech-gifts-under-50.html?page=2

Let me know if you still can’t see it, and I will contact LifeScoop for more info. Good luck!

9. js says:

Page 2 still shows nothing. I have this problem often with this site – I click on the “2” and the next page has nothing.

1. Kate Pruitt says:

Hmm, that’s weird! I’ll look into it. What browser do you use?