2011 gift guide: pets!

I’m cuckoo for animals (and pet products)! Having rescued my first puppy this year, I have had a blast finding out and learning about new dog products. From beds and collars to toys and home decor, I have come across some incredible animal swag. I wanted to share a few of my fave finds with you and your furry (and not-so-furry) friends! — Stephanie

1. The City Coat, $130; 2. Animal Blueprint Company Blueprint, $110–$185; 3. Cardboard Cat Statue 4. Rokabone Leather Dog Collar, $54; 5. Crate & Barrel Fish Hotel, $30; 6. Modern Pet Portrait iPhone Case, $70; 7. Silly Buddy Bow Tie Dog Collar, $40; 8. Christopher Brown Staffordshire Dog Pillow Cover, $44; 9. The Nest Collection Dog Bed, prices vary

10. Wildebeest XX Bandana Collar, $23–$28; 11. DrenCulture Bulldog Mistletoe Card, $15 for 6; 12. Masakazu Hori Happy Tail Dog Lamps

1. Claudia says:

Thanks for this awesome list of goodies for our furry pals. I absolutely love how far the pet industry has come to make not only truly praiseworthy designs for our pets, but also items that are at once utilitarian and easy on the eyes. I also happened to notice these cute doggie scarves over at the jonathan adler website that I wanted to share. I’ll be getting these for my sister’s doxies for Christmas!
    Thanks for all of your great suggestions. Keep up the fab work!

2. Canoe Design says:

I love those little lights in the shape of dogs…so cute!
    Some of those clothes are great and I will be sure to get some for our little four-legged friend!
    Thanks for the ideas.

3. jesse.anne.o says:

I heart that pet bed!

The fish condo creeps me out – I saw it in their catalog and not only does it look too small but it *stacks*. I can’t imagine stacking fish!

4. Silly Buddy says:

Love the Happy Tail Dog Lamps! Thank you for the feature, happy holidays!

5. That is so cute, I love the bow tie for my dog. x

6. lin says:

Check out Franklin’s cat trees made with IKEA Stolmen components:

I constructed two of these, clean lines, kitty friendly.

7. Such a great roundup! We especially love Silly Buddy and we have gotten some of the bowties for our big guy. He even wore the tartan one for St Patrick’s day.

8. These are so adorable! The bed is especially calling out “buy me, buy me”…

9. Lois says:

These are amazing! Thanks for sharing some great products and links to sites that offer truly different things to get for your furry friends! I have problems finding good presentsfor pets in all the usual places, so this is a really useful post for me.

10. Krystine says:

Thanks for featuring my Babies & Beasts City Coat for French Bulldogs and Pugs in your gift guide!

11. Anything pet-related works for me. Great post and leads (no pun intended) to guide us in the right direction of gift-giving to our pooches plus. for whom we would do ANYTHING! If any of your readers want to see what their pets have to say, http://www.unvelope.com gives them a voice in their petpals collection of animated cards. Every “parent” should love receiving a pet-to-parent “I love you because” Unvelope. Thanks for sharing your usual spot-on finds. j

12. Erin Rea says:

Thank you so much for including my Custom Pet Portrait smart phone case in your gift guide!

I also want to note to Design*Sponge readers that 10% of all my pet portrait sales on Etsy are donated to a great organization that rescues abused, neglected and homeless animals from the streets and shelters of Los Angeles and places them in loving homes.

Get a custom portrait of your pet and a chic case for your phone (or a gift for a loved one) + help animals in need + support an artist’s small business :) Win-win-win!

13. Susan says:

Awesome selection for my little furry child! ;)

14. Giovanna says:

So cute! Thanks for pulling all these together, I need them all :)

15. Morgan says:

I love everything here! I just bought this for my husband in honor of our dog. Our sweet girl is getting up there in age, but she’s only getting better. :) http://www.etsy.com/listing/62688725/why-old-dogs-are-the-best-dogs-8×10-art

16. Mandy says:

The Silly Buddy Dog collars are awesome and well made – I bought one for my dog a few months ago – the best part is that the bow detaches so then they can just a cute collar if there is no need for a bow tie that day.