weekly wrap up + calendar embroidery kit

I’ve always been curious about embroidery. It’s something I love and appreciate in other people’s work, but rarely have the time or motivation to learn on my own. Starting small seems like a good way to test the waters, so this 2012 Tea Towel Calendar Embroidery Kit from CuriousDoodles is perfect. Each kit comes with an organic cotton towel that is pre-screenprinted using water-based inks. Once you’ve opened everything up, you can use the provided thread, needles, hoop and instructions to stitch over the screenprinted design. This seems like a great way to ease into a new skill and a new year. If you’re interested in checking out the calendar kit in more detail or picking up one for yourself ($32 each), click here for the Etsy shop.

I’m off to check out Amy’s final photoshoot for her Past & Present book, so I’ll see you on Monday! Until then, have a great weekend. xo, grace

Below is a summary of this week’s highlights:

1. Ivana says:

What a great idea, very beautiful!

2. Beautiful! I love how it turned out!

3. MB says:

thank you for posting about this!! i just ordered one to make and gift to my parents for christmas :)

4. rebecca says:

This would make such a lovely gift to give finished or unfinished for a crafty friend! V pretty x

5. Wave Avenue says:

oh you’re right! this will make a great gift!

6. very lovely! reminds me of some cozy evenings with my grandma…

7. Raincloud says:

I like the idea. Tea Towel Calendars seemed to be past, and that’s great they’re present again.

“E-magazines roundup”

8. Look’s pretty cute, the red flowers on the white fabric

9. Lisa says:

Nice! It reminds me of the so called “Anundsjösöm” a special Swedish embroidery that a woman named Brita-Kajsa Karlsdotter invented in the 19th century. She was self taught and had a very free way to “paint” with the thread. Being from the same area we had to learn the technique in school. Hated it than, love it now! :)

10. Laura says:

This embroidery is Beautiful!

11. Tristan B. says:

I love how simple this design is. Lovely.

12. Abbie R says:

Love this calendar – I remember we always had a printed calendar in my mothers kitchen

13. I love this! It’s a great gift idea.

14. What a great way to get back into embroidery. I love, love redwork although I’ve never done it. But I’m not a big calendars person..has something to do with the Internet always having the calendar in front of me. But I think it would be fun to do redwork with the words Yarn or Knitting. For a pillow.

15. What a wonderful gift idea for Christmas!!! Or holiday gift for those inviting us over for celebrations. love love love this DIY!!!

16. Heldine says:

That is so cool! I would totally be down to get this! :)

17. Chris says: