weekly wrap up + book shelf ideas

Whew! It’s been a long week and Amy and I are looking forward to being back in Brooklyn on Sunday. We’ve had so much fun in Minneapolis, Chicago, Dallas (and I’m sure Austin will be a blast this weekend) but it’s always nice to head home again. Since all a this traveling has been about a book, I thought I’d wrap up this week with a slideshow over at the HuffPo that rounded up some great book storage ideas from Design*Sponge at Home. Halligan’s DIY library table above has been a favorite of mine for almost a year now and the ski-shelves below from PJ’s home are genius. If you’re looking for some clever ways to store (and showcase) your favorite volumes, click here to check out the full slideshow online.

Thanks again to everyone who came out to our events this week- it was so great to meet you all. We’re off to catch a plane to Austin but until Monday, I hope you all have a fantastic week! xo, grace

Below is a summary of this week’s highlights:

1. Lauren says:

Did I miss the announcement of the Faber Book giveaway?

2. Mimi says:

Love these shelves. Especially the round one and the colorful one.

3. rebecca says:

Lol I have this cable reel/book tidy/coffee table pinned on one of my pinterest boards! It is such a fab idea!x

4. karin grow says:

That cable roll bookshelf is AMAZING!!

5. Yay! Now I can take my bookshelf with me when I move from chair to chair in my living room. Cool idea! Love the homey feel of that second photo, too. I want to go sit in that library and crack a few volumes under that window. :)

6. I love a good bookshelf notion! Hope you’re having some lovely downtime this weekend!

7. BOOKSHELVES! Creative, innovative, beautiful! LOVE THESE IDEAS!! What great inspiration! Being by the beach with natural and free driftwood I am inspired afresh by this post!!! Must share with our clients!

8. Kendal Croix says:

That round table is so perfect.

9. Lovely bookcase ideas! Enjoy the rest of the weekend, Kellie xx

10. Rick Shaver says:

Fabulous ideas. I love when industrial and rustic become elegant and sophisticated.

11. Hogarismo says:

love the round table solution… it´s so cool!

12. Karen says:

I have a picture of this Coffee Table made from Cable Spool on my Idea Board, torn from…can’t remember what magazine. I finally tracked down the company who distributes them from my local power supply company. Definitely want to make one of my own. Thanks for sharing!

13. Connie says:

very clever! Love the round table case!

14. Im says:

I love the open shelving, with the wooden boards on metal rails. What’s the best type of wood to use for that? Thanks!

15. Now I can take my bookshelf with me when I move from chair to chair in my living room.I have this cable reel/book tidy/coffee table pinned on one of my pinterest boards! It is such a fab idea

16. I can take my bookshelf with me when I move from chair to chair in my living room.very clever ,

17. Love the homey feel of that second photo, too. I want to go sit in that library and crack a few volumes under that window.Hope you’re having some lovely downtime this weekend!

18. efrain says:

what wood did you use for the bookshelves? They look great!