tattoo it yourself cards

Well, hello, my new favorite cards in the world. These clever little cards from Andrew Kolb let you share your own custom drawings or messages with the recipient by “tattooing” them on banners (or bodies). I love cards that let the buyer customize them in some way, and these are especially fun because they encourage doodling, something I’ve recently rediscovered a love for in a big way. We’re so often taught that doodling isn’t a valid form of art, but I think it’s a great way to communicate and stretch your creative muscles. So if you’re looking to play in the world of tattoos without actually going under the needle, these are perfect. Click here to read more and pick up a pack of 5 cards for $18. Thanks, Andrew! xo, grace

1. That’s definitely one of those ideas that makes you say, why didn’t I think of that? Very cool. As an artist I always feel guilty when time crunches dictate that I purchase cards instead of make them, but this seems like a handy compromise.

2. I LOVE this! Such a simple, yet genius idea!

3. Adorable! I have a friend who is studying to be a tattoo artist; she would love these!!

4. Rachel Tatem says:

WOW! That’s amazing. I am not that talented.

5. Great! I love it! I leave my DIY this week, a leather jacket inspired by Miu Miu, hope you like it!

6. Trix says:

That’s such a clever idea! Love the illustrations too.

7. so so cute, just had to tweet to save forever.

8. Abbey H says:

So awesome. These would make great place markers at a dinner party- one at each seat w/ a pen. Fun!

9. These cards are fantastic. All the doodling possibilities. Can’t wait to get started!

10. These cards are great. All of the doodling possibilities. I can’t wait to get started!

11. Diderik V says:

Wow, fantastic cards. I love the idea of doodling the tattos on the cards. Very creative and original!

12. Monica says: