luke lamp co.

I didn’t used to pay much attention to lighting, but now it’s one of my favorite fields of design. Lately, I’ve been gravitating toward strange lights, the kind that feel like art installations or bizarre antiques; it’s probably why I like these lights from Luke Lamp Co. so much. Luke works full-time during the day, but at night, he’s busy creating lamps out of salvaged materials and old found lighting parts. If you’re looking for a truly one-of-a-kind piece that combines a rustic, worn look with modern sculptural design, you should definitely check out his collection. Click here to see more designs from Luke Lamp Co. — Kate

1. Amazing work. I want one of each, especially that last one. It reminds me of a lighthouse lamp.

2. Jodi says:

These are awesome! I’m going to order one right now.

3. Marija says:

Great work! I love the rustic industrial quality of these!

4. Luke Kelly says:

Wow thanks so much Design*Sponge for featuring me! This is officially my first bit of publicity so it’s very exciting. Thanks everyone for the nice comments!

5. Kiki says:

Luke, these are beautiful.

6. Not only am I developing a major crush on these lamps, but the photos are so rich and divine. Stunning work Luke!

7. Tania says:

I love the last one the best, a little piece of hollywood nostalgia. Ditto on the photos, lovely…

8. Scott says:

Incredibly expensive. You can buy the edison bulbs for $5.00 on and the rest comes from a hardware store. When I see a piece of rope and an edison bulb for $69.00 plus another $15.00 to ship, is a ripoff. And the wooden stick with an edison bulb for $59.00 and shipping $16.00. Its like your being sold somthing that way overseeds it price cap and for something a 10 year can do. I admire the unique vintage look but way too expensive if you ask me.

9. Brad says:

I kinda of agree Scott they are a bit of money considering the most unique thing is the edison bulb is what sells it. I can buy more lamp for $75 than buying a lamp with just a bulb.

10. Vanessa says:

People pay more for less dudes. I think they are very, very cool and worth the bucks.