hand & eye studio terracotta lamps

I’m really digging exposed raw materials lately, as evidenced by my love of this and this. I would be thrilled at the prospect of starting over with the lighting in my apartment, and if I could, I would definitely snag one of these gorgeous terracotta lamps for the kitchen. These are the first products available from the new UK-based Hand & Eye Studio founded by architect and designer Tom Housden just this year. The terracotta reflects a warm, friendly light, and I really love the basic shapes Tom has chosen — not overstated, just classic, modern and super stylish. The studio will also consider commissions or designing bespoke projects. You can see their full range and contact the studio by clicking here. — Kate

1. I really like these! There’s something soothing about them.

2. JenLynn says:

These are so cool. Perfect for a breakfast bar.

3. marta says:

essential and minimalist, i love their perfect simplicity

4. rebecca says:

I love the white glaze with the terracotta trim, I bet they give off a great warm glow x

5. hena tayeb says:

Very retro.. i like.

6. Rachel Tatem says:

What a fun lamp! I’ll have to keep this in mind when I redo my house lamps

7. Danielle says:

I think you may like my friend Katie’s work. Her aesthetic is very raw. http://katiebramlage.com/

8. Love this raw take on the @tomdixon beat light. The earthy and organic texture of the terracotta combined with its sleek white glaze reminds me of a gingersnap dipped in sugar frosting. Simply Perfect!!