I’m so excited to head down to Austin today- not only because we’re excited for the book party, but because I’ve had a list of shops I’ve wanted to check out there for years. At the top of my list are Bows + Arrows and Schatzelein. When I’m traveling I rarely buy anything that can’t fit in my purse or backpack (my carry-on is full of craft demo materials) so both of these shops have the sort of small-scale accessories that I love. These geometric charms and bracelets are my favorites and I’m dying to check them out in person this weekend. The charms are by Son of a Sailor and are intended to be layered on an initial necklace, but I almost want to line them up on a huge board (on finishing nails) to create some sort of colorful wall installation (I feel a DIY project coming on). In addition to the charms, I really love these painted leather cuffs by Lauren Manoogian. It’s such a fun spin on the leather cuffs I’m seeing around town these days and I really like the green and black combo. You can check out both shops online here and here, or if you’re in town, swing by Schatzelein tonight to meet some of our favorite artists for the opening party of the Tool & Tack pop-up shop.

1. Caitlin says:

I live down the street from Schatzelein and had no idea it existed. I will be checking it out this weekend!

2. francine says:

make sure you check out Creatures and Parts and Labour while you’re there for some fun stuff, too!

3. Maddie says:

I have no plans to be in Austin anytime soon, but want to check out this beautiful new store…maybe you can go for me?

4. Jennifer says:

Be sure to poke your head into Spartan when you go to Bows + Arrows. They are right next door to each other, and they are two of my favorite shops in Austin!

5. I’m excited to go to the pop-up shop!

6. thanks so much for the shout-out! we’re so excited for all of the fun events! we hope to meet you at one of the events!

william + jessica
    son of a sailor

7. kk says:

bows+arrows is the best.. the store its attached to, spartan(which i guess they are the same store) is amazing as well for tiny little treasures. the handmade parveen barber shears from india are incredible!

8. Jay says:

Yikes, those are definitely not Austin prices! $65 for a tee? No no no.

9. Carolyn says:

I like this post… :) Pretty. D*S, you help me to love geometric design.

10. jenn says:

I’ve been noticing this trend too – and I love it because it is bold and makes a statement. Geometric-inspired and architecture-inspired bling:

11. Dru Clegg says:

these charms are inspiring a mid-century-modern styled Christmas decor theme…. they remind me of ornaments, and I love that they are almost 2-D. DIY project ALWAYS on its way… thanks for the inspiration!