d*s book tour: norfolk virginia event details!

To say that I’m excited to do a book tour event in Norfolk, Virginia is a massive understatement. Ever since I started the blog I’ve been wanting to put something together in my hometown area (I grew up in Virginia Beach just down the highway), so I’m thrilled to be able to announce our book stop in Norfolk at one of my favorite independent book stores, Prince Books. This is going to be a special event because my whole family will be there, so I hope you can make it if you’re in the area this November. The details are below- we’ll be doing both a craft event and signing/party (with cupcakes courtesy of my Mom and Dad!) so I hope you’ll come join us for the fun! xo, grace

Event: Crafting Workshop and Book Signing/Party at Prince Books
Date: Thursday, November 17th
Time: 6-8pm (6-7pm for the craft project, 7-8pm for the party/signing)
Location: Prince Books (109 E. Main Street, Norfolk, VA 23510)
Details: Come join the D*S team from Brooklyn and Virginia as we celebrate the launch of the book by recreating one of the stamping projects from the DIY chapter. All you need to bring is your own tote, clothing or fabric to stamp on. We’ll provide the rest. This event will benefit the local arts charity, Arts for Learning. (Please note: Books will also be available for sale through Prince Books)
RSVP: Space for the craft event is limited to 30 people so please RSVP HERE soon (The craft fee for this event is $25 and includes snacks, drinks and craft supplies). You can also RSVP for the main party/signing right here (if you buy a craft ticket you don’t need to buy a party ticket).

*Illustration by Julia Rothman

1. Kathy says:

Hurray for your Norfolk pit stop! Its my hometown too!

2. Ali Thompson says:

yeah! so excited for the Norfolk stop!

3. Amber says:

Super excited, and couldn’t have a better venue!

4. melanie says:

I had no idea you where from V-A (like myself)! Congrats!

5. Cassie says:

Looking forward to this!

6. Richelle says:

So excited! We LOVE Prince Books…thanks for choosing one of our best independent book stores to host your party!

7. Sara says:

I can’t believe my luck… I’m possibly taking a work trip to ORF, landing on the 17th. I was dreading this trip, but this will make it worth it!!

8. Walt Taylor says:

I hope you don’t literally mean your Dad is making cupcakes. I think I might pass on that.

9. Cheryl Grulke says:

Congratulations Grace! We will be there with bells on and a holiday book shopping list! Cheryl & David Grulke

10. Christy says:

Hi Grace. For the upcoming Philly event on December 1st, will we need to rsvp for that? And if so, about when should that become available? Thanks!

11. Libby says:

I didn’t know you were from the Tidewater area! I’m from Portsmouth. I so wish I could be there, but I live in Ohio now and won’t be home again until the day before Thanksgiving. Well, have fun! :)