d*s book tour: nashville event details!

One of my favorite parts of the book tour is getting to see so many cities I’ve always wanted to visit. Nashville has been high on my list ever since Lindsay shared her amazing city guide with us, so I’m thrilled that we get to stop in Tennessee and visit! We’ll be having a craft event and book party/signing at West Elm so I hope you’ll join us if you’re in the area- the details and RSVP are below. xo, grace

West Elm is hosting a huge sweepstakes with us! Enter here for a chance to win a $2,000 shopping spree and trip to NYC to shop with me and the D*S team!

Event: Crafting Event/Signing/Party at West Elm
Date: Tuesday, November 15th, 2011
Time: 6:00–8:30pm (6:00–7:00 craft workshop/7:00–8:30 party, open to the public)
Location: West Elm (Hill Center, 4019 Hillsboro Pike, Nashville, TN 37215)

Craft Workshop: I will be demonstrating a project from the book using freezer paper to customize your own cloth-based products. Then we’ll all make them together!
Craft Fee: $45 per person (This includes all of your craft supplies and a signed copy of Design*Sponge at Home!)
RSVP: This crafting class is limited to 25 people, so please RSVP here soon if you’d like to attend.

Book Signing + Party: 7–8:30pm
Details: After the craft event, we’ll celebrate the book launch with a party (drinks + treats will be served) and book signing. We’ll also be supporting a great local arts charity, Pencil Foundation. Local artist Chelsea Petaja will be creating a custom backdrop against which you can take photos (thanks to Smilebooth) with your friends! Chelsea’s husband (and amazing photographer) Tec Petaja will be shooting photos, too!
RSVP: RSVP recommended, just click “I’m going” on West Elm’s event page for San Diego

*Illustration by Julia Rothman

1. Crystal says:

The sign up for the Nashville craft event isn’t available yet. Sadness.

2. Whitney says:

Hooray for D*S in Nashville!

3. Kristin says:

Wait did the craft event sell out? I just got put on a wait list…darn it. I’ve been checking every single day for this event to post since the tour launched and I missed the event announcement today! Please please let me know if a spot opens up!

1. Grace Bonney says:

hi kristin

the craft events seem to sell out same day, im sorry :( this went up at 1pm EST today.

grace

4. Sarah Moses says:

I spent 12pm central to 12:40p central refreshing the craft event page. WORTH IT! I have my ticket!!! I am over-the-moon excited! If I hadn’t received the West Elm email, I’m pretty sure I would have missed it!

5. Good call Sarah. I missed it. I had my heart set on going and completely missed it. ugh.

6. Andrea B says:

Welcome to Nashville, D*S gang! So excited to have you. I missed the craft workshop opportunity, but I’m hoping to make it to the book signing. Fingers crossed!

7. Bethy says:

Can’t wait to meet you D*S team! See you tonight!