d*s book tour: birmingham event details!

Birmingham holds a special place in my heart ever since my trip there this spring. Not since my initial trip to Savannah in 2006 have I ever felt so welcomed and cared for by people I’d never met. The hospitality, kindness and generosity of everyone we got to know on that trip was overwhelming, and I found myself wondering how soon I could go back again (even just to eat at Frank Stitt’s restaurant). So I’m thrilled to be heading back down to Alabama for our book signing and a craft demo at Books-A-Million. I’m going to be showing people how to make a great cupcake/cake display stand and how to customize it in several ways (new techniques we didn’t show in the book or online) for the holidays. The RSVP details are below. I hope to see you there! xo, grace

Event: Book Signing + Craft Demo at Books-A-Million
Date: Tuesday, November 1st, 2011
Location: Books-A-Million, 757 Brookwood Village, Birmingham, AL 35209
Time: 6:30–8:00pm (Craft Demo 6:30–7:00pm, Signing 7:00–8:00pm)
Details: I’m going to be demoing one of my favorite projects from the book — upcycled cake and cupcake stands made from vintage plates and candleholders. I’ll be showing everyone how to customize the look in several ways, including for the holidays. We’ll provide snacks and drinks, and the event will benefit the local artist charity, Space One Eleven.
RSVP: RSVP isn’t required, but recommended. Please sign up right here.

*Illustration by Julia Rothman

1. For a moment I thought it was Birmingham here in the UK…sad face now :(

2. Carrie says:

Hey Grace,
    Where/when did this post? I’m only able to find it when I put Birmingham in the search box. I’m excited ya’ll are coming! Can’t wait!

1. Grace Bonney says:

hi carrie

we’re only doing these posts on the book page, it just went up today at 1pm :)

g

3. Allison says:

yay! I’ll totally be there ;)

4. Orly says:

Grace, the book is wonderful, just got it this week, ordered it from Amzon all the way to Israel, thank you so much and keep it coming :) :)

1. Grace Bonney says:

thanks so much, orly!

grace :)

5. SEE YOU THERE, GRACE! Just RSVP’d. Can’t wait to meet you! Want me to take you out afterwards? Just let me know!

I already have my copy here in the dining room.

6. Phoebe says:

Yay, I live in Birmingham! I will totally be there.

7. Phoebe says:

Grace, I forgot to ask: Do you know if, if we already have a copy of the book, if we’re able to bring it with us?

1. Grace Bonney says:

phoebe

of course! please do :)

g

8. A.J. says:

Does Julia sell her pencil drawings that accompany the City Guides? I consider B’ham to be my adopted hometown, and now I live in North Dakota…I love little reminders of home like this, but I couldn’t find anything on her website.

9. I’m very excited that you’ll be here in Birmingham! I moved here from Boston a few months ago and, like you, have been OVERWHELMED by its awesomeness (and, of course, that of Frank Stitt). We are delighted to have you here, can’t wait!!

10. We’ll see you tomorrow, Grace!