d*s book tour: atlanta event details!

I’ve been dying to get back to Atlanta since our last visit for the Lavish Conference. There is so much talent in this town, and we’re thrilled to have more time to check it all out. For our Atlanta visit, we’re having both a crafting event and signing/party at West Elm, so I hope you’ll come join us! We’ll have some of our fantastic local editors on hand, and we’d love to meet everyone who’s in town. The RSVP details are below! xo, grace

Event: Crafting Event/Signing/Party at West Elm
Date: Thursday, November 3rd, 2011
Time: 6:00–8:30pm (6:00–7:00 craft workshop/7:00–8:30 party, open to the public)
Location: West Elm (Atlantic Station, 260 18th Street, Atlanta, GA 30363)

Craft Workshop: I will be demonstrating a project from the book using freezer paper to customize your own cloth-based products. Then we’ll all make them together!
Craft Fee: $45 per person (This includes all of your craft supplies and a signed copy of Design*Sponge at Home!)
RSVP: This crafting class is limited to 25 people, so please RSVP here soon if you’d like to attend.

Book Signing + Party: 7–8:30pm
Details: After the craft event, we’ll celebrate the book launch with a party (drinks + treats will be served) and book signing. We’ll also be supporting a great local arts charity, Atlanta Arts Foundation. Two of our favorite artists, Joy Thigpen and Amy Osaba, will be creating a custom backdrop against which you can take photos (thanks to Smilebooth) with your friends!
RSVP: RSVP recommended, just click “I’m going” on West Elm’s event page for Atlanta

*Illustration by Julia Rothman

1. Meg says:

I was just putting my credit card information in, and the event sold out mid-finger tapping to get my info in as quickly as possible! I’m so bummed out!

2. avril says:

Bought my copy today at my local independently-owned book shop…can’t believe they had it! I was so happy when I walked by. Have been a daily reader for years, but it is SOOOO much better to have my d*s in print!!!

3. Jaime says:

if anyone can’t go, i’d be interested in buying your ticket! I am @jaimefoxx on twitter.

1. Grace Bonney says:

hi jaime!

are you on the waitlist? if spots open up it will go to those people first.

grace

4. Jaime says:

Grace, there’s no wait list for Atlanta on the EventBrite site. Would it be somewhere else?

1. Grace Bonney says:

jaime

i’ll ask west elm to add one ;)

g

5. Jaime says:

awesome.. thanks so much Grace!

6. Catherine says:

I too would also LOVE to attend. Any way to add one more?

7. Great meeting you at the Lavish! conference last year! Looking forward to seeing you once again almost a year later. Reunited and it feels so gooood! See you soon!