d*s book tour: athens georgia event details!

It’s no secret that I have a major love affair going on with Georgia. The second I stepped off the plane in Savannah in 2005 I knew I’d found a second home. The entire state feels like my home away from home and I’ve so enjoyed getting to visit various parts of the state over the past few years. One of the cities I’ve heard so much about but haven’t had much time to visit is Athens, GA. This amazing college town is such a hotbed of amazing music, art and food that I knew I had to make time for a special event there. So, before our Atlanta event we’re going to drive to Athens to host an event that I’m incredibly excited about: a book signing/party with live music! This event will be unlike the rest on the tour because we’re really hoping to make this event a fun get together where people can relax, have a drink and listen to some fantastic local music. I’ll be signing books (we’ll have books available for sale as well) but I’ve also secured The Corduroy Road, the amazing Athens band that played at my wedding, to do a live acoustic set at the party! So if you’re in the area I hope you’ll come down and join us- this is going to be such a special event and we’re so thrilled to finally be visiting Athens. Details are below! xo, grace

Event: Book signing/party and Live Music Peformance
Date: Wednesday, November 2nd, 2011
Time: 7-9pm
Location: Athens Cine, 234 West Hancock Avenue, Athens GA 30601
Details: We will be celebrating the launch of Design*Sponge at Home and signing books. There will also be a fantastic live acoustic performance by Athens locals, The Corduroy Road. The event is free and we will have non-alcoholic drinks and snacks available. (Alcoholic drinks will be available for sale at Cine). This event will benefit the local charity, Athens Art Council and we will have a backdrop designed by D*S’s own Ginny Branch Stelling, against which you can take photos with your friends (courtesy of W Scott Chester)
RSVP: Space is limited because of the venue size so please RSVP here to reserve a space. We expect this space to fill up rather quickly.

*Illustration by Julia Rothman

1. Anne says:

Be sure to visit The Grit for amazing food. Best restaurant in Athens.

1. Grace Bonney says:

thanks anne, will do ;)

2. This is going to be a lot of fun! Music, art, and food- yep, that pretty much sums up Athens! Can’t wait to get your book :)

3. Courtney says:

Yay! I’m so excited!

4. Ellie says:

You must dine at The National next door to Cine. Amazing food and cocktails!

5. Cindy says:

So excited! I’ll be there, and I’m so glad it’s a Cine! Athens is my home town and current residence, and Grace, I think you’ll love it!

6. Meghan says:

I’m so excited that you’re making a visit to Athens! I was willing to drive to Atlanta for this but the Athens event is going to be so much fun! I’ve already RSVP-ed!

7. Alexandra says:

I’m so excited you will be in Athens AND at Cine! And I agree with Ellie, dining at The National is an absolute must (their stuffed medjool dates are divine)!

8. Kristen says:

Athens is absolutely wonderful, especially that corner of downtown. The National, next door, is an absolute must, and the nearby Railroad Arts District is completely fantastic as well!

9. May I also suggest a visit to R. Wood Studio and Treehouse Kid & Craft if you have time!

10. leslie says:

if you like yummy food, you will want to order a dozen of sewanee bites from home.made catering. mimi can make you a fresh dozen to take on the road with you!

11. Pamphilia says:

Hope you checked out the National, and Five and Ten, rather than the Grit, which has atmosphere but really mediocre food. So sorry to have to miss this party, but can’t wait to hear about it from my friends and see the photos.