design evenings: apartment therapy + design*sponge

Two weeks ago, I had the pleasure of being Maxwell’s guest at Apartment Therapy’s October Design Evening at ABC Home. It’s not often that I get to do interviews in front of a live (and participating) audience, so I relished the chance to have a great discussion and interact with such a thoughtful group of design enthusiasts. After a great talk, where we covered everything from blogging ethics and the record industry to the future of publishing, AT was kind enough to put the entire video (all 45 minutes) online and share it with readers. I had such a great time taking with Maxwell and everyone in attendance — it’s been so nice to relive the experience in video form. I hope you’ll enjoy the clip, and be sure to check out AT’s Design Evenings if they’re in your town. xo, grace

1. Rachel Tatem says:

That’s awesome! So exciting!

2. JM says:

I loved him on small space big style (loved that show) – i found his voice friendly and calming. Ha, I guess that sounds weird.

3. congrats! I have your book and LOVE it! I bought a 2nd copy and gave it to my friend because it is that great.

4. Allison says:

i just watched the whole thing! AWESOME! I love your spunkiness and passion and the business guidance was inspired. thank you!

5. Sarah says:

Great Interview, very inspiring!

6. Heather says:

What a great interview! It was interesting learning more about the behind the scenes and how Design Sponge has evolved from 2004 until now!

7. kelly says:

no all midwest house wives dislike the edge… some of us are quite comfortable there.

8. homestilo says:

I was so inspired and SO excited to have you sign my book!! (doing a happy dance in my seat)

9. Great interview Grace! I love hearing your background story again, it’s all so inspiring! xo

10. Grace Bonney says:

thanks so much guys. and kelly, i’m glad to hear that. i can’t tell you how many times i’ve heard TV people tell bloggers like myself that we don’t “test well” with midwestern housewives because we’re “too city”.

11. Joanna says:

I watched the entire video! I found the talk so informative and inspiring. You project such ease and in-depth knowledge, Grace. You’re a natural in front of the camera/audience!

1. Grace Bonney says:

thanks so much joanna :)

12. I love how definitive you with what you believe in. Watching your cover art editing process was a treat, congrats Grace :)