weekly wrap up + fashioned by

Even though I don’t work from a formal desk at home, these pretty desk accessories make me miss my home office. The west coast leg of the book tour has been amazing (thank you so much to everyone who’s come out to see us!) but I’ve hit the point where I don’t know what city we’re in or what time it is. I’m going to try to snag a little nap today but before then, I wanted to wrap up the week and share these beautiful new desk accessories from Fashioned By. I love things that are simple, clean and modern and this collection nails that understated look perfectly. Designers Farrah Sit and Dana D’Amico work with wood, brass, porcelain and vegetable tan leather to create desk sets that will pull together your working materials in a neat and tidy space. My favorite part of the collection is the pencil cup that functions like an old-school straw dispenser (but magnetically locks back into place). I’m always a sucker for that little pulling device. You can check out the full handmade collection of desk goods right here on Etsy– if you’ve got a desk that needs tidying, this series is a great place to start.

I’m off for our last day in Seattle and then it’s off to Vancouver and then home to Brooklyn on Sunday. I can’t wait to sleep in my own bed again. Until then, have a fantastic weekend and I’ll see you back here on Monday. xo, grace

Below is a summary of this week’s highlights:

1. Things like that egg shell style paper clip holder are what make me what to try my hand at ceramics. So lovely.

2. Oh awesome! I love these little desk supplies!! Very cool!

3. I love all the gold accents.

4. Romina says:

Too beautiful, this would be if you had a pristine, uncluttered, little used writing desk in your living room and you wanted accessories to match the overall gold/brass accents of your color scheme.

I’m sorta torn, on the one hand I love it and wish for something that nice to on my desk, but on the other hand the perfection of it would clash with the many mismatched ceramics and jars I use to hold my office/art supplies. They take a fair amount of use so I would be afraid to mar the surfaces of those beautiful things. I think it would affect my work habits!

5. jualeydi cosme eventos says:

the accents are beautiful, and they look really chic

6. Sheri says:

Such pretty wood! And thanks so much for coming to Seattle – we had such fun yesterday at the craft event, and it was so fantastic to meet you. I’m glad you’ll get some time to rest soon!

7. Very lovely! And it was lovely to meet you in SF this past week! Hope you get some sleep!

8. The pencil holder / old-school straw container is brilliant and functional. Do want!

9. Katie says:

These are really fancy! I’m sure my coworkers would break them… If at home, I know the cat would! But I would still love to give something like these a try. I’m loving the sculptural paper clip holder. WAY better than the plastic containers we have!

10. Holly says:

can’t wait to see you in Vancouver!!

11. Stephanie says:

These are absolutely lovely. But, $75 for a wooden pencil holder? I’ll pass.

12. That looks wonderful, and I love the art on the walls. I don’t have desk drawers, and my desk is always full of clutter. Hope it works better for you!

13. Amy (Oh, My) says:

Oh those desk accessories! Yes, please!

14. Sara says:

So lovely – I have to share these!