the flower and the wall

Wall murals have never been my go-to for decorating, but they’re slowly starting to grow on me. If I’m lucky enough to have children in my home one day, I plan on hiring Jen Corace to create a full ceiling-to-floor mural of woodland animals and children. To me, her work has always been the perfect ratio of slightly creepy to downright beautiful. But until that day, I’m going to keep slowly warming up to murals for adults, thanks to work like this from Yvonne at The Flower and the Wall in Glasgow. Yvonne created this hand-painted mural to mimic the feel of wallpaper and incorporated perfect pops of gold-leaf gilding. I rarely see a spot of metallic I don’t love, so this unique design moved up toward the top of my list pretty quickly. Yvonne is still building her portfolio, but you can see more of her work and contact her about commissions right here. xo, grace

1. Karli says:

obsessed. this is so beautiful! I feel a VERY ambitious DIY project coming out of this…..

2. Jenny says:

Wow. She is talented. I really thought this was wallpaper until I saw the pic of her actually painting it!

3. dustjacket says:

Just amazing! Love the design elements and color.

4. Beautiful work Yvonne. I paint murals myself and I always love a repeat pattern over any other type of mural.

5. Amazing! Such beautiful details in her work.

6. So intricate and beautiful. That’s one talented Lady :D

7. Rachel Tatem says:

Lovely details, I don’t know that I would have the patience but it looks great!

8. moxiemandie says:

this is absolutely stunning! Am a new BIG fan. :)

9. Catherine @ Printerette says:

10. This is spectacular…I’m so inpired to try something like this myself.

11. bhree says:

very elite! love it!

12. kelly hines says:

Super special. I’d love to have this is my home.

13. Rupi D. says:

14. Wow, lovely! Looks exactly like wallpaper!

15. Are you serious! I can’t believe that is hand painted! I can’t even write on a straight line let alone paint an entire symmetrical mural!

16. li says:

Wow. Talk about timing! One of my friend is getting married and she wants to redo her room. She wanted a black and white mural and she asked me if I could do something like that- now looking at this post I guess I could pull it off! So encouraging.

17. Breda says:

This is just oustanding work amazing !

18. Ito Kish says:

What a very wondeful wall mural!

19. Evita says: