we love mail competition from newspaper taxi

It doesn’t matter how far we delve into digital devices for media and communication; I think I will always feel a little rush of excitement when the mailman comes and the hope that maybe I received a package or a note from someone unexpected. The best way to ensure that you receive that kind of correspondence is to send it out yourself, and that is exactly the idea behind the We Love Mail competition being held by Newspaper Taxi, a boutique stationery and paper good shop in Australia.

Simply send Newspaper Taxi a piece of mail with a little stationery-related treat tucked inside — a luggage tag, some stickers, a couple old stamps. They will use all the mail for a window display, and then they’ll draw three lucky winners. Runners up will receive these pretty notecard bundles from Rifle Paper Co. and Sycamore Street Press (below), and first prize will receive all of the mailed-in loot! Sounds like a pretty fun way to ease back into sending more snail mail, and I can’t wait to see how the window turns out! The contest ends November 4th. You can find out everything you need to know to participate by clicking here. — Kate

1. rebekka says:

I love the animals!!!!!!!!

2. Rachel Tatem says:

They are all so playful,it’s great

3. Seth says:

It’s a real shame Newspaper Taxi doesn’t ship to the US. Any way to order these to have them shipped to the US? I’m ready to buy lots!! :(

4. Connie says:

I love snail mail! Hand and letter writing are a dying art. Nothing says love like finding a handwritten letter in the mail! I write letters monthly to my friends and loved ones. What a great idea! Thanks for sharing!

5. Megan K. says:

OOooooh!!! How exciting is this!? I myself am a happy {Art}Card maker myself. I just whipped up a batch for my Etsy shop that will be added very soon. I refuse to buy cards…I have been making them for as long as I’ve known. I surely will give myself the advantage to add some of my own into this competition. Thank you for sharing this opportunity with everyone!

6. Marie says:

I can’t tell you how much I LOVE cards. I have so many in store for special occasions! These are SO great!!!

7. Allison says:

i love beautiful stationary! this is such a fun idea!

8. carmine says:

What a terrific idea, and I love the shop’s Beatles-y name!

9. Joanna says:

I adore BOTH of these letterpress companies! What a fantastic idea for a competition!

10. Thanks guys! We are really excited about this great competition.

Rifle Paper Co and Sycamore Street Press have generously donated some beautiful stationery packs for the runners up and the main prize is getting bigger and better everyday as more mail arrives! :)

It’s open to anyone, anywhere in the world! But, you’ve gotta be in it to win it. So send your letters down under!

Best of luck Xx Stef

11. Nice prints :) especially the animals

12. What a fun contest! I once purchased vintage dennison labels from a fellow etsy seller…..She referred to her LOVE of such paper ephemera as a “MAIL GEEK” so I’ve thought of myself as a bit of a mail geek ever since……FELLOW MAIL GEEKS UNITE and may the best geek win!

13. Jenica says:

This is so exciting!! I love vintage travel stationary!! Especially with a little bit of France in there! Just having a few envelopes, stickers and postcards around the place is such a good reminder of holidays and good times… Will definitely check this out! Thanks :)