ravenscroft desk

After a lifetime of cramming drawers full of random bits of paper and other junk and calling it “organization,” I’ve decided to pursue more drastic measures in my next apartment and strive for no drawers. Yes, no drawers — or at least very few. My thought is that if I can have everything out on open shelving or some other creative display, I will be more inclined to a) have less and b) maintain it more thoughtfully.

This Ravenscroft desk designed by Leonhard Pfeiffer is right in line with my new storage model. I love how open and angular it is; like a beautiful sculpture that just so happens to double as a workspace. The Ravenscroft desk launched at Maison de Objet in Paris a couple weeks ago; click here to find out more information about its availability. — Kate

1. Rachel Tatem says:

Simple and clean, great lines

2. Kristan says:

Love it. Totally my style. It’s contemporary and elegant without pretension. Hope we can get this in the US sometime!?

3. Jon King says:

I love the idea that the designer actually thought about utility management for once… nice work!

4. Teresa says:

Things that are simple can also be terribly clever, elegant, and graceful. Thanks for sharing, Kate!

5. Jennifer says:

I absolutely love the look of these. Definitely a great way to force yourself to stay organized!

6. caterine says:

that desk is amazing! i want one!

7. Katie says:

This is very cool design! I just wonder if it could be turned into a foldable desk… That way, if it’s not the primary it’s at least mobile.

8. Heather L. says:

Lovely

9. Simply beautiful! And especially placed in that setting with the huge oil painting!

10. Aidan McEvoy says:

Very nice Desk! I love the clean crisp edges and angular lines .

11. Adam Seker says:

Simple and sleek very nice!

12. Fabrice says:

Hi!
    This very nice creation is now available at my-deco-shop.com
    We are located in France, and we can deliver all over the world.
    Do not hesitate to contact us for any question.
    Fabrice – customer service – http://www.my-deco-shop.com

Product link : http://www.my-deco-shop.com/design/lang-en/desks/949-ravenscroft-desk-oak-finish-ultra-functional-deco-and-design-with-its-cross-legs-QTE.html

13. minimalist … just super

14. I’m delighted that the Ravenscroft desk has just launched with John Lewis in the UK – http://www.johnlewis.com/store/john-lewis-ravenscroft-desk-oak-walnut/p592433