make it yours: erin austen abbott and sean kirkpatrick

Erin Austen Abbott and her husband, Sean Kirkpatrick of the band Colour Revolt, live in this Water Valley, Mississippi, home. Built in 1890, the house is over 120 years old, and Sean and Erin are only its fourth owners! Erin has a “flea-market vintage meets grandma chic” decorating style, which gives the home so much character! I adore all the vintage collections, and I especially love the warm color palettes: mint green in the kitchen with orangey red and green accents, and blue in the living room with an eclectic mix of artwork on the wall. What a beautiful home with great personality! Click here to view the rest of the original Sneak Peek. — Lauren

Palette 1 (Kitchen)
A. Obstinate Orange (Sherwin-Williams), PMS 165; B. Ozark Shadows (Benjamin Moore), PMS 400; C. Spectra Blue (Benjamin Moore), PMS 304; D. Herbal Tea (Behr), PMS 3405; E. Lavish Lime (Valspar), PMS 380 (actual wall color is called Mint Condition from Sherwin-Williams)

Roundup 1 (Kitchen)
1. Vintage Pyrex Bowls, $39; 2. Grandma’s Kitchen Dishtowel, $18; 3. Soda-Lime Tumbler, $8; 4. Vintage Geometric Pitcher, $16; 5. Vintage Tea Kettle, $15; 6. For the Love of Salad, $20; 7. Olivewood Spoon, $12; 8. Latte Bowls, $20; 9. All-Clad Slow Cooker, $180

The second room image and product roundup continue after the jump . . .

Palette 2 (Living Room)
A. Black Suede (Behr), PMS 7547; B. Angelic Blue (Pratt & Lambert), PMS 2975; C. Volcanic Blast (Behr), PMS 1655; D. Shoreline Green (Behr), PMS 338; E. La Fonda Antique Red (Valspar), PMS 484

Roundup 2 (Living Room)
1. Tastes Orangey Print, $20; 2. Desktop Globe, $40; 3. Wire-Wrapped Magnifying Glass, $16; 4. Vintage Porcelain Poodle Figurine, $20; 5. Eames Plastic Side Chair, $149

1. Oh…this is a lovely palette. Sort of reminds me of my kitchen…only 1000 times better :)

2. marri says:

don’t forget the beautiful green cathrineholm bowls!

3. Kate Roebuck says:

SO beautiful! By the way…Erin happens to be in the Start Small, Go Big contest at dailycandy! If you liked this post, you should vote for her to win so we can see much more of her in the future!

4. Tina says:

I love the kitchen, especially the cup rack!

5. rebekka says:

That color palette is SOOO up my alley! I can’t wait to go see the rest of the tour :)

6. Bev Weidner says:

You are so famous!! I love you, Erin! XO.

7. Laura Hobbs says:

So beautiful, Erin! Congrats!

8. I love this home. It feels like someplace I’d feel comfortable visiting – like the home of an old friend.

9. Dorothy Abbott says:

Erin, your mom is very proud of you. The world needs more of your design ideas.

10. melissa says:

i want to come have tea in your kitchen!

11. rebecca says:

I think I missed the original sneak peak (shocked!) I love their home, particularly the kitchen, I love the idea of mismatched cupboards and shelves instead of just ordinary kitchen stuff, makes it feel more homely x

12. Gina says:

the colors in this kitchen are AMAZINGLY LOVELY.

13. Oh, that looks like a really lovely home!

14. mary king says:

wow. congrats erin! beautiful home!

15. Love this because it is warm & happy & unpretentious!

16. The color palette in this home is so comforting and does feel a bit like grandmas’ but in a very good way! I love to see a real home that uses vintage in everyday life. So much better than collecting but not using.

17. what a fantastic site! I’ll plan on visiting back often.

18. Heidi J. says:

I love your kitchen! Where did you get the shelf that holds your pots and pans?

19. erin abbott says:

@heidi j. That shelf was a wedding present from Crate and Barrel. It was the prefect shelf for that space, I believe. Thank you.

20. Can you ever go wrong with a Globe? Just throw a globe on it…