make it yours: emily anderson

I’m so excited to pull looks today from the home of amazing photographer Emily Johnston Anderson. Emily and her husband, Jacob, share this stunning Chicago apartment. The muted blue and green wall colors caught my attention right away; they are such lovely shades and mix wonderfully with the wood countertops and shelves. The simple and organic décor, paired with desaturated accent colors, make this home feel warm and inviting. Be sure to check out the rest of the original Sneak Peek! — Lauren

Palette 1 (Kitchen)
A. Aged Mint (Ralph Lauren), PMS 5517; B. Arizona (Pratt & Lambert), PMS 154; C. Venetian Blue (Pratt & Lambert), PMS 326; D. *Actual Color: Minced Ginger (Behr), PMS 7492; E. Andiron (Sherwin-Williams), PMS 447

Roundup 1 (Kitchen)
1. Industrial Wall Clock, $110; 2. Birch Cutting Board, $50; 3. Ceramic Black Teapot, $6; 4. Aluminum Magnetic Knife Holder, $60; 5. Sophie Conran Place Setting, $50; 6. Simon Pearce Brookfield Utility, $75; 7. KitchenAid Artisan Stand Mixer, $300; 8. Vintage Teacups, $8

The second set of room images and another product roundup continue after the jump . . .

Palette 2 (Office)
A. Hazel (Sherwin-Williams), PMS 5513; B. Andiron (Sherwin-Williams), PMS 447; C. *Actual Color: Minced Ginger (Behr), PMS 7492; D. Florida Gold (Pratt & Lambert), PMS 1365; E. Obstinate Orange (Sherwin-Williams), PMS 166

Roundup 2 (Office)
1. Areaware Tape Dispenser, $26; 2. MacBook Pro, $1200+; 3. White Metal Cabinet, $159; 4. Ripple Black Leather Office Chair, $299; 5. Floor Lamp, $109; 6. Offi Magazine Rack, $169; 7. Paper Boxes, $6; 8. Argus Range Finer Camera, $80

1. Connie says:

Wow! I love the colors of this post. I am dying for fall to come. Too bad Vegas is still in the triple digits temperature wise. Beautiful compositions!

2. Irene says:

This is so beautiful! Thank you for this inspiration.

3. Craig says:

Nice palette. I really like the amount of wood. Quaint with the right amount of mods [computer chair etc]. The apartment feels ‘thick’ and ‘reliable’ not like something out of Ikea.

4. What a cozy atmosphere, love the two first pictures of the kitchen.

5. What a fun kitchen. I especially love the lattice on the cupboards. And, I’ve always liked side-by-side desks; nicely done! Thank you.

6. I love this! I especially love the vintage corelle tea cups! My Grandparents used to have this set…such wonderful memories :)

7. Marieke says:

I want that mixer! But first a new kitchen ;-)

8. Susan says:

Thrilled to see someone else loves vintage corelle….I’ve been using a gold butterfly set I’ve had since college and adding to it from thrift stores as I come across pieces…just bought 6 luncheon plates for 25 cents each. Corelle is great and indestructible!

9. Kerry says:

Well, I think I just found the color I want to paint the kitchen in our new home! We have a very similar stain of wood and the ceiling is covered in the same wood. The blue is gorgeous – and I bet it looks great with natural daylight pouring in. Thanks for sharing (as always)!

10. Allison F. says:

Very pretty! Does anyone know a source for the spoons in the Simon Pearce Brookfield Utility? They don’t seem to be carried at Terrain.

11. Trista says:

I think Emily Anderson’s home was my favorite Sneak Peek ever. I convinced my husband that we needed shelves in our office after showing him that picture.

12. Miss Heliotrope says:

Are you sure that teapot is black? The original image looks brown, as in a Brown Betty Teapot, the most classic tea pot there is – it would go better with the cups & all…

13. g says:

i’m obsessed with the shape of the tea cups… i’ve googled the basics, pyrex, bakelite, and the others, but i think they are newer then I think. Mind sharing more info on them? thank yoU!

14. Katie says:

I love all of these so much! The kitchen is so darn cute!!

15. This is a beautiful kitchen! The color on those walls is amazing.

I’m the Etsy seller of the Vintage Teacups (thanks for the traffic, Lauren!). Thanks so much for the feature on such a lovely post!

16. Chad Rutkowski says:

Where can you buy the glass tables that are featured in the office picture? I love them and want to purchase them!