lucy engelman

We’re heading back to Portland this weekend to start the West Coast leg of the book tour, and these drawings remind me of my summer there. I love the way Lucy Engelman’s watercolor illustrations feel like the last remnants of summer walks through the forest. Each one is like a tiny world trapped in glass. When my black thumb eventually creeps in and kills my summer terrariums, these illustrations are a great way to keep the feel of greenery going. You can check out more of Lucy’s illustrations online right here or shop her collection at Etsy here. xo, grace

*Lucy’s hybrid drawings (below) are beautiful, too.

1. Jennifer says:

Oh wow these are lovely. My favorite one on her Etsy page is called “Remedy.”

2. sarah jane says:

I really love her line work. I’ve loved her work for a while…and so glad you’re highlighting it! Gorgeous!

3. Jenny says:

Oh wow. I like these. I like how they are so unexpected and classy.

4. Cassie Marie says:

Lovely — these remind me a lot of Jay Ryan’s work who I am a huge fan of.

5. Shif says:

So glad to see your work up here! Keep those new friends coming m’dear :)

6. Ubin says:

Beautiful work. I expect you to have a full on solo show at some super sweet gallery within a year. Get on it :>

7. Graphics says:

The last piece in the post is identical to the style of Jay Ryan. I did not see the last piece of art on Lucy Engelman’s website.

8. thank you so much grace for the post! i could not ask for a more lovely recommendation.

9. graphics–you can find the last image under buffalofish here: http://www.lucyengelman.com/illustrations/buffalofish2.html hope that helps!

10. Struggles says:

Lucy. You are AWSOME!!! …but you already knew that.

11. jessica says:

Ahhh, I can’t buy your art from Etsy because you don’t ship to Canada!