flock star stripe

For some reason, flocked wallpaper has never been a favorite of mine. It reminds me of both musty basements (70s-style floral-flocked paper in oranges and yellows) and dirty underground bars where the flocked red wallpaper is weighed down by cigarette residue. Not a pretty picture either way. But when I saw this new flocked wallpaper from Graham & Brown, I had to put a temporary hold on my flock-hating. I always love a stripe, but these big, wide stripes remind me of a men’s suit and great tailoring  — a vast improvement over dingy, fuzzy flowers. Flock Star Stripe is now available as part of Graham & Brown’s new “Plush” collection of flocked papers from Laurence Llewelyn-Bowen. Click here for more info and to find a stockist near you. xo, grace

1. Rachel Tatem says:

That’s lovely. My living space is rather small so I don’t think I could pull it off there but I really like it and would like to use it in my brother’s house!

2. Stacy says:

HA the flocked red wallpaper comment took me straight back to years ago when I spent way too much time in a bar called Sweet Ups on Grand St. in Brooklyn. While theses stripes are lovely I don’t know if I will ever get passed the feeling that the fuzz will trap every bit of dirt and every smell.

3. Keri says:

Whoa, is that two dimensional?? That treatment is amazing, it looks as if the wall has 3-dimensional paneling due to the shading.

4. Bernie says:

Hmmm. Everything old, is new, again……But why? At least the pale stripe isn’t mylar. Or is it? That black flocked stripe will be such a dust magnet! Oh brother, I sound just like my mother.

5. moxiemandie says:

I randomly wandered into a stranger’s home last weekend during their estate sale, and was thrilled to see the flocked wallpaper in their bedroom. Yes, it was most definitely from the 70’s, but it was actually flocked damask over a pretty floral & was lovely.

6. Angie says:

Try removing it from walls where it has been for 20+ years and you will change your mind. Mist it lightly to help loosen it, and watch the grime of 20 years run down the walls.