d*s book tour: durham + asheville event details!

We may be on the West Coast this week, but we’re so excited to head south next month to visit North Carolina! I grew up with family in North Carolina but never got to spend much time in either of the cities we’re visiting, so I’m excited to see all of the exciting things that Durham and Asheville have to offer. We are having two different events in North Carolina in October, and I hope we can see some of you there! The event details are below. See you soon! xo, grace

Event: Craft/Book Signing/Celebration at Anthropologie
Date: Monday, October 24th, 2011
Time: 5–8pm (5–6pm craft workshop/6:30–8:00pm signing + celebration)
Location: Anthropologie (Streets at Southpoint, 8030 Renaissance Parkway, Durham, NC)

Details: We will be teaching all craft-event participants how to make their own custom wooden wax seal! Craft guests will watch a demo, make their own wax seal and leave with the seal they made, along with sealing wax and stationery to test on. Afterward, we’ll get together for the larger celebration of the book launch, where you can buy copies of the book and have yours signed! Drinks and treats will be served. Proceeds from this event will benefit the local arts charity Arts Center Live.

We will also have a custom backdrop designed by Michelle Smith against which you can take photos with your friends and fellow guests!

RSVP: The crafting event is limited to 35 people, so please RSVP HERE soon ($10 per person for the craft event, your ticket is good for the signing/celebration, too). The main event will fill up quickly, so please RSVP HERE for that soon, as well.

We are also excited to have both a party and a crafting event in Asheville at Malaprops! The details are below:

Event: Craft/Book Signing/Celebration at Malaprops
Date: Tuesday, October 25th, 2011
Time: 6–9pm (6–7pm craft workshop/7-9pm signing + celebration)
Location: Malaprops (55 Haywood St, Asheville, NC 28801)
Details: Come join the D*S team from Brooklyn as we celebrate the launch of the book by recreating one of the stamping projects from the DIY chapter. All you need to bring is your own tote, clothing or fabric to stamp on. We’ll provide the rest. This event will benefit the I Have a Dream charity.

RSVP here for the crafting event (limited to 30 people, $45 each includes supplies and a signed copy of Design*Sponge at Home) and here for the main event!

Illustrations by Julia Rothman

1. Looking forward to it! I’m having so much fun creating the photo backdrop. Thanks for including me. :)

2. MIchele says:

I’m so very excited! I’m all signed up. (smile)

3. Mel Wilson says:

So excited about you coming to Asheville. I have a Dream is an amazing non-profit! Thanks for benefiting them. mel wilson of DOCICA magazine in Asheville, NC

4. Brenna says:

Looking forward to your Asheville visit, Grace!!

5. Lydia Hill says:

I can’t believe you posted the RSVP form while I was on my honeymoon, boo. I hope I get in on the RDU waiting list! By the by, I designed the ArtsCenter site, so I love that you linked to it!! :)

6. Abigail says:

Waitlisted! :( Hope I can make it!

7. If I’m fresh out of totes, clothing or fabric can I bring slightly used undies?

8. Kassie says:

I am on a waiting list and so sad about it! I want to go VERY badly. :)

9. Nanci says:

Crafting party is sold out but I’m excited to get in on the book party!