d*s book tour: dallas event details!

I’ll never forget my first trip to Texas. I was visiting a friend in Lubbock, driving in a huge Ford pickup truck on the way to a steakhouse, and an actual tumbleweed rolled across the highway. It was the most Texas moment I could imagine at that time, and I fell in love with the state immediately. Then we drove to Palo Duro Canyon, and my head exploded. It was such a different type of natural beauty (dry, red and hot) than I’d experienced on the East Coast, and I wanted to stay there the whole summer. While we’re sadly not visiting West Texas on this trip, I’m so excited that we’ll be visiting Dallas and Austin! Today, the RSVP for the first event, Dallas, is live! Tomorrow will be Austin’s RSVP day, so stay tuned for that. Until then, here are the sign-up details for Dallas on Thursday, October 13th. Hope to see you there! xo, grace

Event: Crafting Event/Signing/Party at West Elm
Date: Thursday, October 13th, 2011
Time: 6:00-8:30pm (6:00-7:00 craft workshop / 7:00-8:30 party, open to the public)
Location: West Elm (Mockingbird Station store, across from the Palomar Hotel, 5307 East Mockingbird Lane, Dallas, TX 75206)

Craft Workshop: I will be demonstrating a project from the book using freezer paper to customize your own cloth-based products. Then we’ll all make them together!
Craft Fee: $45 per person (this includes all of your craft supplies and a signed copy of Design*Sponge at Home!)
RSVP: This crafting class is limited to 25 people, so please RSVP here soon if you’d like to attend (your ticket is good for both events).

Book Signing + Party: 7-8:30 p.m.
Details: After the craft event, we’ll be celebrating the book launch with a party (drinks + treats will be served) and book signing. We’ll also be supporting a great local charity, Heart House Dallas. One of my favorite local designers, Samantha Reitmayer, will be creating a custom backdrop against which you can take photos with your friends!
RSVP: RSVP recommended — just click “I’m going” on West Elm’s event page for Dallas

*Illustration by Julia Rothman

1. Shawna Brinkley says:

2 please!

1. Grace Bonney says:

hi shawna

please use the rsvp links above- sadly we can’t register anyone via comments. hope to see you there :)

g

2. Julie Weaver says:

I live in Lubbock, and it’s so wonderful to hear an outsider talk about how beautiful it is here!

3. Shawna Brinkley says:

yep just got them thanks! my comment was just out of excitement :)

4. mixette says:

I’m sending my mom to the craft event as a surprise gift! We love to talk about the things we’ve seen on D*S so I was thrilled to snag one of the last spots. Yay!

5. Jackie Rea says:

I’m very upset!! I made a reminder to RSVP exactly 1 month prior to this event which would have been Sept 13th but you did not post it then! So I’ve been checking back constantly to see when you would post it. Then the day you post it is the day I was out to a meeting and missed my chance to RSVP!! VERY sad :(

6. Sisi says:

Gosh how I wish I could attend!

7. Luli says:

This is awesome. I just ordered your book. I.cannot.wait to read it! Any chance you will be coming to the DC area?

8. Lauren says:

So excited you’ll be in our neck of the woods! Thanks for not neglecting the south, as many design blogs do. There is cool stuff out here in the middle of the country! I’ll be going to the event!

9. D'Ann Ayers says:

Lubbock shout out! Thats my hometown. So stoked that y’all are coming to Texas. We are happy to have you. Thanks and gig ’em.

10. Mike Bohler says:

what about St Louis?

11. Bukola says:

Hi Grace,

Excited to see you in dallas for the signing. Can i bring the copy of your book i bought already or do I have to buy one at the event?

1. Grace Bonney says: