The D*S Book Tour is just getting started (thank you to everyone who came out to the NYC and Boston events!), and I’m so happy to be heading into a weekend of more crafting and fun. Amy and I are in Philly today for our Terrain event (we have a few tickets left if you want to come join in the fun), but late tonight we’re catching a train south for a fun weekend with two events in DC. Before we head out and prep for tonight’s cocktail party, I wanted to post the RSVP for another event: Austin, Texas!
Without having ever visited, we seriously considered moving to Austin a few years ago. It’s chock-full of great people, amazing art, delicious food and, of course, a fantastic music scene. NYC ended up winning-out in the end, but Austin has been tops on my list of places to visit for years now. So I’m thrilled that we’ll be heading to Texas on Saturday, October 15th for a crafting event and party! If you’re in town, I hope you’ll come join us for fun and crafting. The details are at the bottom of this post.
Until Monday, I just wanted to thank you again to everyone for their support with Design*Sponge at Home. To say that this is the most challenging project we’ve ever done is an understatement, so to see and hear from so many of you about the book has been a dream come true. If you’re interested in checking it out, you can watch the trailer here and pick up copies here: Amazon, Barnes & Noble (comes with exclusive digital content), West Elm, Anthropologie (comes with exclusive printed content), Indiebound, Books-a-Million and iTunes. International sellers and more shops can be seen here. xo, grace
*P.S.: Don’t forget to enter the Design*Sponge at Home Sweepstakes for a chance to win a 2-day trip to NYC and $2,000 shopping spree with me in NYC!
Austin Book Tour Events:
Event: Craft/Book Signing/Celebration at Anthropologie
Date: Saturday, October 15th, 2011
Time: 5–8pm (5–6pm craft workshop/6:30–8:00pm signing + celebration)
Location: Anthropologie (601 North Lamar Boulevard, Austin, TX)
Details: We will be teaching all craft-event participants how to make their own custom wooden wax seal! Craft guests will watch a demo, make their own wax seal and leave with the seal they made, along with sealing wax and stationery to test on. Afterward, we’ll get together for the larger celebration of the book launch, where you can buy copies of the book and have yours signed! Drinks and treats will be served. Proceeds from this event will benefit the local arts charity Art House at the Jones Center.
*Illustration above by Julia Rothman
Below is a summary of this week’s highlights:
- MUST READ: Design*Sponge at Home Sweepstakes! (Win a 2-day trip to NYC and $2,000 shopping spree with Grace)
- EVENTS: Apartment Therapy Design Evening: Design*Sponge Talk
- BOOK TOUR: Minneapolis Event Details!, Chicago Event Details!, Dallas Event Details!
- New City Guide: Los Cabos, Mexico Guide
- Living In: Belle de Jour
- Biz Ladies: Best of the Past 3 Years
- Sneak Peeks: Hollister & Porter Hovey, Cassandra Ellis & Ed Prichard, Kimi & Paul Galloway
- DIY Projects: Block-Printed Chevron Fabric, Greeting Card Organizer, Hanging Vintage Thermos Display Shelf
- Before & Afters: Sunny Yellow Bedroom Redo, Wood Paneled Accent Wall
- Make It Yours: Erin Austen Abbott and Sean Kirkpatrick
- In the Kitchen With: Luisa Weiss’ Berliner Pfannkuchen
- Upholstery Basics: Constructing Coil Seats — Part 2
- Behind the Bar: Lauren Fister’s Melon Rumballa
- Artwork: Sarah McNeil
- Misc.: Heartwood Design, Freelancing in Style, Beldi, Sand by Yukihiro Kaneuchi, Alabasta Trays, Flock Star Stripe, Mattermade Collection Number Two, Obsessive Compulsive Posters, Font Winner Turned Font Seller!