jennifer squires: toronto photographs

Speaking of quieter times, these photographs of Lake Ontario taken by photographer Jennifer Squires are going to be my zen moments for today. During a whirlwind trip to Toronto, Jennifer decided to start and end her day on the shores of Lake Ontario, taking photographs. Unsure of whether or not her trip was a good idea, Jennifer found herself sitting on the dock above when a huge rainbow appeared across the sky. It seemed like a sign that her trip was meant to happen and she ended up returning home with some beautiful photographs. I love the calming quality Jennifer’s work always has, her work always puts me at ease. You can check out more of her work, and pick up these newer pieces, right here. xo, grace

1. These are quite beautiful. I used to live in the Beach in Toronto, and I miss it a lot. I really appreciate this post!

xo, Anna of (Green Gable)

2. Amy says:

You’re right, these are gorgeous. I’ve never seen Lake Ontario looking so beautiful and serene.

3. Nadine says:

This is lovely. I lived for two years in Toronto, and I have the most wonderful memories of that time!

4. kara rane says:

rainbow*see*r .. always a good sign. thank You for sharing your peace Jennifer.

5. Katie says:

These are so serene. It’s like an instant calm. Great way to start the weekend. Thank you!

6. Beth Rome says:

Gorgeous! Makes my heart hurt for home, and the summers of my childhood. I spent on endless hours in these waters! Fantastic job Jennifer. I went to your website and really enjoyed your beautiful shot of the Humber Bridge, and your other great lake shots!

7. Zee says:

I love the first image! It gives a wonderful sense of peace. Beautiful!

8. Robert says:

Beautiful simplicity. I can’t decide between the first and the last image, both are great!

9. Louis says:

The first picture is amazing

10. These are so pretty, like Heaven on Earth. Thank you for sharing :)

11. bookgal says:

I grew up in The Beaches and these remind me of home, thank you for posting them! I’m currently living in Melbourne and would love to have these on my wall!

12. Wendy says:

Lovely! Their simplicity and serenity call to mind the recent work of Atlanta artist and photographer Todd Murphy, and his photo series from Antarctica.

13. I didn’t know Lake Ontario could be this beautiful. :)

14. Elaine says:

Great to see some photography featured on this site. I sometimes feel that photography is a little neglected here.

The top photo is gorgeous. Gotta love long exposures of flowing water…

15. Cosima says:

Toronto has never looked so tranquil. I often forget, until seeing pictures like these, about how unique it is to have a capital city right next to a lake.

16. Craig says:

Nice bit of long exposure. Right up my street! Great stuff.

17. Lee says: