go team go: amy merrick’s beautiful new website

The best part of my job at Design*Sponge is getting to work with the amazing artists, designers, writers and crafters that make up our team. It’s been a joy and honor to work with Amy Merrick (our resident flower, Made with Love and movie style expert) for the past few years, and I’m overjoyed to share her brand new website today. We watched her site go live yesterday and toasted the beginning of her new floral and styling business (not to mention this exciting new chapter of her life) over lattes at Dumont. I’m so proud of her I can barely put it into words. And her website? It’s truly stunning. I’d like to crawl inside and live among the fern fronds and moths that make up its pages.

Amy’s website is full of out-of-this-world gorgeous floral arrangements (all new from this summer) and examples of what this one amazing woman can do with styling. If you’ve ever wondered about hiring Amy to style anything in your life — business or wedding — her new site will seal the deal. The bottom line is this: Amy Merrick is one heck of a talent, and we’re honored to have her as a part of our team. From all of us here at D*S: Congratulations on your beautiful new site and business, Amy! xo, grace

*Amy’s new site was designed by Macon York and developed by Andrew Fiorillo and the amazing homepage photo is by Bryan Gardner.

1. rebekka says:

That website is truly stunning!

2. Looks absolutlely beautiful. Congrats to Amy ;) Heading over there right now!!!

3. debra says:

simply beautiful. she captures the essence of each flower in its natural existence

4. gorgeous!! congrats amy!

5. urbanbird&co says:

gasp! it’s beautiful!

6. Katie says:

So beautiful, wow!

7. Amy S. says:

Stunning. The arrangements are so beautiful. Congratulations, Amy!

8. chelsea says:

stunning, amy!!!

9. Jennifer says:

Wow. Her website is most certainly gorgeous. I love the work of floral stylists (is that the proper name of the profession?), and I’ve been really interested in taking a class of some sort. Have you heard of the Byrd Collective here in Austin? It’s a new, local floral arranging group that is starting to offer classes soon. But I would most certainly take a class with Amy if I lived in Brooklyn : )

10. Amanda says:

Congrats Amy! Love your work, and the site looks so beautiful!

Also, obsessed with that bouquet in the second image.

11. Katie says:

Congratulations Amy!! The site is truly breath-taking =)

12. LindseyBee says:

Oh my gosh, that is stunning. I don’t think any other design would suit what she does better than that.

13. karey miller says:

Amy is incredibly talented!

14. Her website is gorgeous! Congratulations, Amy!

15. Wow, beyond stunning!

16. judith b. says:

All the best to Amy and her new venture! The site is gorgeous and and the text is so articulate, like every word she writes, here and on her blog. Very exciting news!
    Vive Amy Merrick Flowers & Styling !

17. Jennifer says:

I think that’s my favorite website, ever. It is just perfect for Amy (from what I know of her via her blog and D*S) and her new business.

18. Leah says:

This site is so refreshing! And unique in its details. Absolutely love visiting and revisiting . . .

19. Congratulations Amy! The site is beautiful particularly because your work is so amazing!!

20. Mariann says:

Ever since you began writing for DS I have been one of “those people” who check An Apple a Day every evening (well, I try to anyway) and just let the beauty of your life and your surroundings just wash over me (I do love my own surroundings and life but yours is just so drastically different seeing that I live in crowded Mexico City which holds a whole lot of beauty in it but sometimes I want to escape to your family’s house in New Hampshire). I feel like a lady excited for her friend striking out in a new direction (creepy?) and wish you all the best! The new site, of course and unsurprisingly, is beautiful!

21. Wow, you’re right… this website is gorgeous! Not too much, not too little.. just right!

22. Kinley says:

I worked with Amy on flowers for my wedding last September, when she was at Saipua. She is SO easy to work with and helpful and I was thrilled with the whole experience. Hire her!

23. Lauren says:

SO, so pretty!!! Congrats Amy!!

24. Holly says:

What I love about design sponge! Shiny happy people:-) and your soooo lovely new site! Congratulations in your new digs!

25. Chelsea says:

Gorgeous. Just stunning. Everything looks so abundant and lovely. I love to see the support and love.

26. very pretty! I love this site… it looks like REAL LIFE :)

27. Houseofearnest says:

So inspiring and pretty! Her work is always breathtaking, now she has a website to match! Love it!

28. Sealicious says:

Amy that is the most beautiful website I’ve ever seen! Congratulations!!

29. evaone says:

what a beautiful site with beautiful features.. i love it so much! best of luck!

30. SuzyMcQ says:

I’ve been following Amy’s blog since you told us about her, Grace. What a wonderful and supportive friend you are. Amy has a style all her own and her aesthetic is soft and ethereal and just full of lovely. Big congrats on a new website that mirrors what you are all about, Amy! That’s much easier said than done.

31. Congratulations Amy! Now I’m anxious to conjure an event which would require your exquisite eye : )

32. AMY M!!! you really should do a “living in” for Lucky Number Slevin…my favorite film EVER which, coincidentally, has some of the greatest wallpaper of ALL TIME!

33. Burke says:

I wish you God’s speed. :)

34. Micha Merrick says:

I’m so proud of you Amy.

35. kbd says:

Beautiful. Bookmarking it right now, for those days when I might need cheering up. Everything on that website is so gorgeous! And inspiring.

36. ashley sawyer says:

Amy is one one talented lady. love it!