d*s book tour: washington dc event details!

The book tour registering is in full swing and I’m so excited to announce our next events! (If you missed any previous posts, you can now RSVP for NYC, Boston and Philadelphia events, too). In a few weeks, we’ll be heading down to the nation’s capital for not one but two events to celebrate Design*Sponge at Home! The first is a crafting event and signing party with our tour co-sponsor, Anthropologie! The details and RSVP info are below.

Event: Crafting Event/Signing/Party
Date: Saturday morning, September 17th
Time: 9:00am–11:00am
Location: Anthropologie in Georgetown (3222 M St. NW, Washington DC)
Details: We will be teaching all craft-event participants how to make their own custom wooden wax seal! Craft guests will watch a demo, make their own wax seal and leave with the seal they made, along with sealing wax and stationery to test on. Afterward, we’ll all join together for the larger party to celebrate the book launch, where you can buy copies of the book and have yours signed! Drinks and treats will be served. Proceeds from this event will benefit the local arts charity Children’s Art Studio. We will also have a custom backdrop designed by Ritzy Bee Events, against which you can take photos (thanks to photographer Katie Stoops) with your friends and fellow guests!
RSVP: You can RSVP for the crafting event ($10) right here. The class is limited to 35 people. You can RSVP for the main party (which will happen after the crafting event) right here. Space is limited to 100 people.

Event: Coffee & Crafts, breakfast craft event with Politics & Prose
Date: Sunday morning, September 18th
Time: 9:30am–10:30am
Location: Politics & Prose (5015 Connecticut Avenue Northwest, Washington, DC 20008)
Details: Join us for a breakfast crafting event at Politics & Prose. This special small event will include a custom stamping DIY project, and all guests will leave with their own custom stamp that they will use to stamp a tote, fabric or clothing. Afterward breakfast will be served, and we’ll chat and have a book signing.
RSVP: The craft fee for this event is $40 per person, which includes a copy of Design*Sponge at Home and breakfast. The event is limited to 30 people, so please RSVP HERE soon (Just email the address on the page or call the number listed to reserve a space).

1. Rachel Tatem says:

Beautiful and wonderful event

2. Jes says:

My roommate and I are going to the Politics and Prose event, can’t wait!!

3. Annie says:

I’m really bummed all of these sold out in the first 15 minutes. I hope that everyone who signs up attends and no one flakes. Is there a wait list available for any of these events?

1. Grace Bonney says:

hi annie

these actually sold out in an hour, not 15 minutes ;) sorry though, i didn’t expect that to happen to be honest.

i will of course let everyone know if any spots open up.

grace

4. rebecca says:

Please do! I’m so bummmmmed. I’m heading to DC for my 30th birthday. Lived there for 7 years and was SO excited to attend! If any space opens please let me know. I would love to attend. xoxo~Rebecca

5. Georgie says:

Ahhh both sold out!! So bummed.

6. Jaclyn says:

Huge bummer! I’d love to come! This is definitely one of my favorite blogs.

7. Grace Bonney says:

sorry jaclyn,

i didn’t expect this to sell out so quickly :(

grace

8. Kahli says:

I also missed out would have loved for my twin and I to come :(. I guess I’ll have to be satisfied with pictures.

9. daph says:

Im so sad that both of these have sold out! I checked ds no less than 5 times a day since hearing about the dc events!

10. Jessica says:

Any chance either event has a wait list? I’d love to attend either! Thanks so much.

11. golly says:

I love Politics & Prose! When I lived in DC I spent many hours there – back in the days when coffee was served from handmade ceramic mugs. It was such a treat. Have fun!

12. Wyetha says:

Finally + something in my area + I’m definitely going to try to make it.

Wyetha

13. Melissa says:

Your event posters are really beautiful. If I were able to attend one of your book tour stops, I would totally want to buy a poster, too! Great work!

14. Emily says:

I am also sad as I would have loved to go to the Politics & Prose event. Is there any chance you will make it to Baltimore?

15. Kelly says:

Let us know if space opens up! And I’m with Melissa – i would absolutely buy that DC illustration!

16. Mei Peng says:

I would still love to join the Anthropologie event. Super bummed! Can I still bring my copy for you to sign though? Please? I love your work no matter what :)

17. Annie says:

Thanks for opening up the waiting list Grace! even if nothing opens up, it’s really nice of you to open up the possibility.

18. Maggie says:

Whyyyy is it sold out?!?! I guess I’ll have to catch ya next time :/ This sounds way too fun to miss!

19. Kohli says:

Hi Grace,
    Just wanted to double check that if we are registered for the craft event we are automatically registered for the book party bit. I have tickets to both and will let the party ones go if we truly do not need them.
    See you soon,
    Kohli

1. Grace Bonney says:

kohli

yes, your craft ticket is good for the party :)

g