d*s book tour: philadelphia (part 1) event details!

The book tour event details are rolling out full steam and today I’m thrilled to list the details for another event in Philadelphia! We’ll actually be doing two events in Philadelphia (one will be later in December) but this is our first big bash in Philly and it will be taking place at one of my favorite places on earth: Terrain. I’ve always enjoyed working with the team there and their nursery and event spaces are some of the most beautiful around. So I’m thrilled to announce this special event, which will include a raffle to benefit Nest, a cocktail party, book signing and lots of fun. Don’t miss your chance to come and win some of the actual finished DIY projects featured in the book! Details and RSVP below. Hope to see you there! xo, grace

Event: Cocktail Party and Book Signing
Date: Friday, September 16th
Time: 7:00-8:30pm
Location: Terrain at Styer’s (Furniture Gallery, 914 Baltimore Pike, Glen Mills, PA 19342)
Details: We’ll be having a cocktail party, book signing and raffle to benefit Nest. The raffle winners will have a chance to win a curated tabletop with items from Terrain selected by Design*Sponge as well as select (finished) DIY projects featured in the D*S Book!
RSVP: Space is limited to 150 people so please RSVP HERE soon to reserve a spot*

*There are two types of RSVPs for this event. One is a ticket ($25) for the cocktail party with food and one is for the cocktail party with food, including a discounted copy of the book ($50).

Illustration above by Julia Rothman

1. alexis says:

hooray! can’t wait for this wonderful event. Think I might head up a bit early for a favorite tea sip & shopping.

2. Karli says:

so excited to come! and i am bringing my friend too! :) :)

3. LindseyBee says:

I can’t believe it’s this day! I am flying home to be in a wedding…can’t wait to check out the December date! Have fun in Terrain…can you have it Terrain in cold December, too? Ha Ha :)

4. Does Julia Rotham sell Philly prints?

1. Grace Bonney says:

kathy

i don’t think julia is selling them, but you could try dropping her an email to see what she says ;)

grace

5. Susan says:

Can’t wait! ;)

6. Kerri says:

See all you gals there! Looking forward to a fun eve!

7. nicole says:

Since you seem to like St. Louis so much(or maybe just Pokey) are you going to come see us? The best bookstore is Left Bank Book, the one in Center West End not the dontown one.

1. Grace Bonney says:

nicole

i love st louis and our st louis readers, but sadly our budget is really limited for touring. we had to choose the cities with the highest density of d*s readers and sadly st. louis wasn’t one of them right now. hopefully we can make it out there next year if we can find some more wiggle room in the budget. most authors don’t get book tours these days, or if they do they only get 3-5 cities, so financing a 30 city tour was definitely a big undertaking and sadly we couldn’t fit every city we wanted to in there :( i’m so sorry,

grace

8. beachmamato2 says:

kudos, can’t wait for this great shindig to start!

9. Sarah Reiss says:

Sure do wish you were coming to Dallas ;)

1. Grace Bonney says:

sarah

we are- just check the d*s book tour schedule on the book page ;)

grace

10. Krissy says:

I’m SO happy you are coming to Philly!!! I’m trying to register but the link isn’t working :-p

1. Grace Bonney says:

Hi krissy

It may have sold out- let me check with terrain. Sorry about that.

G

11. Krissy says:

Looks like the link is fixed, I just registered. Yay!

1. Grace Bonney says:

sorry krissy- they launched a new site so the rsvp moved. :)

g

12. Krista says:

I can’t wait to get my book and meet you Grace. I work for West Elm and have heard so many great things.

1. Grace Bonney says:

thanks krista! :)

grace

13. Lillian Rhiger says:

I am an avid reader and I sincerely hope that the Part 2 book tour in December is actually in Philadelphia. Glen Mills is not readily accessible to your urban readers who rely on public transportation. My fingers are crossed for an event that is actually in Philly.

1. Grace Bonney says:

lillian

yes, the second event will be in philadelphia proper.

that said, i’ve done the drive between philly and terrain more times than i can even remember and it’s not a bad drive at all. if you need help finding a ride just let me know, several girls are carpooling and i’m sure would be happy to have you along. it wasn’t possible to every book event near a public transportation stop, so i’m happy to help coordinate ride sharing if possible.

grace

14. Sarah C says:

Can’t wait! Just got the book and rsvp’d to the party!!!!! Now I will anxiously await and dream about all the projects I can put on my list!

15. Erin says:

I am so excited!! I can’t think of a better location for you to celebrate your book, Grace. Terrain = heaven.

16. Jennifer says:

Thank you for such a great event last night! It was a pleasure to meet everyone. A may I say – it was so wonderful to be in a room full of (150+!) creative, like-minded people. Looking forward to more wonderful stuff from you all online and in print. I am truly inspired!